9" Pinion Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9" Pinion Bolts

So I'm actually allowed to get under my rig and while looking around, I forgot that I picked up a Ruff Stuff pinion guard (replacing my JD diff plate/anchor). The base of the guard is 1/2", for those that run something similar, did you have to upgrade/get longer bolts?

I know, I know......I should just remove one and measure BUT I'm in th emiddle of cooking Easter b-fast and this popped in my head....

Happy Easter BTW!

Sean
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Re: 9" Pinion Bolts

Mine came with longer, allen head bolts. I don't think hex head bolts will fit.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
      Mine came with longer, allen head bolts. I don't think hex head bolts will fit.

Are you running the Ruff Stuff one?
      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
        Are you running the Ruff Stuff one?
        Well I thought so, but just went to the Ruff Stuff website and the part they show for the ford 9" doesn't look anything like mine. Now where the heck did I get mine from? lol
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Pretty sure i had to buy 1/2 longer bolts. I went with grade 8 and blue locktite

Comment

^ yep that

Comment

Mine is a ruff stuff, I had to buy the Allen bolts too.
              Mark Harris
              71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
              X