VW people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW people?

It's time to step up and admit you have a problem, and help me too!
    I just got this 1776, I'm told everything is machined and should be there, it just needs to be put together.
    I can see the inserts are close to the cylinders so I can tell it's been worked.
    But these motors are not your normal motor, they confuse me.
    Attached Files
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Re: VW people?

I like that you can carry a complete engine to the basement to rebuild it.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Looks pretty complete. If you were closer I would put it together for you.
      Check the crank size and case journal size and make sure you have the right
      crank and rod bearings first. Then start cleaning parts and lining them out for assembly!

Comment

The assembly started!
        I'm missing a few things like the bearing dowel pins and some oil plugs but i worked until I ran out of parts.
        The good news is the case is got was already machined for an o-ring cam plug.
        I have no idea how the clyinder studs go, they are all different sizes. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	272283
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Stud arrangement will become clear once you can hold up a cyl head and eyeball it all.
          Cross-threaded is tighter than lock-tite

Comment

Bitchin...I can almost hear it run. As most of the car dudes I know, I started with VWs. First being an auto stick square back, then a 65 bug fully custom that I rolled like a tin can in 86, then a laid out 62 rag top that a traded for a Scirocco of all things. I miss that 62. 2010cc would smoke most anything in Chico including every muscle car it saw. But unfortunately I can't be much help to you here. I wasn't a motor guy back then!
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Bottom studs are all the longest. top outside studs are mid length and inners are the shortest.
              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I know it's not any help, but a friend is actually giving me his 70 bug. Its in..... Rough.... Shape. Lol but the plan is to put a couple hundred into it and flip it and hopefully get enough for a welder. I'm hoping to bring it home this weekend.
                89 FSB XLT 5.8 C6 "Bill"

Comment

Working...
                X