5.0 fuel rail options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.0 fuel rail options

Tonight I put my 96 explorer fuel rail on the new motor and found that the return almost hits the firewall behind the driver side valve cover and I don't have enough room to get the adapter in. The supply looks to have enough to room as it more to the center of the firewall inset. I am using an fittings and ptfe hose. What would be a better option to look for?? I'm going to go to PP tomorrow and look around.
    76, DuPont midori sour green, explorer 5.0, Mild built C4, D20, 1 ton steering, 44 w/soft locker 4:11, 9" w/locker, 4.5" lift, 1" NHL Bodylift, Duff front long arm's,4.5 WH front and rear, 35 toyo's, FloFit seats and other dodad's.

Re: 5.0 fuel rail options

truck or mustang should work. Just depends what side of the intake you want the fittings on.

Comment

I run the explorer rails and while the fit is tight against the firewall, I am able to install the adapter and the AN fitting onto it and the hose is clear of the firewall (no rubbing), but just barely. If you are unsuccessful in finding rails that work better for you, many of us have been able to get the explorer rails to work. I think that once installed, they look the best because you don't see the hoses.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

After reading your post I went and took another look at it. I think my solid mounts rais the motor just a bit and make that fuel rail a little closer to the fire wall. I was able to very carefully bend the fuel rail just enough to make room for the fitting.
        76, DuPont midori sour green, explorer 5.0, Mild built C4, D20, 1 ton steering, 44 w/soft locker 4:11, 9" w/locker, 4.5" lift, 1" NHL Bodylift, Duff front long arm's,4.5 WH front and rear, 35 toyo's, FloFit seats and other dodad's.

Comment

Working...
        X