Quiet exhaust muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet exhaust muffler

Ok took the Bronco up to the Rubicon this past weekend, had a frighten blast! The damn Flowmaster on this thing is way to loud for longer trips short of beer trips I forget what I put on the last one but I didn't have to wear ear plugs. What do you guys suggest? Stoker 347, short, side exit 3"
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Re: Quiet exhaust muffler

I like my MagnaFlow. it's a lot quieter than my old 2 chamber flowmaster
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

I've got a borla 2 into 1 which has a more mellow tone than my old two chamber flowmaster, but I wouldn't call it quiet. It's less of a droning sound, and a bit quieter while at cruising speed, but loud when you get on it.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Magnaflow with a baffle sounds pretty good. But the quietest would probably be a stock type turbo muffler although they aren't very high flowing.
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I used a 50 Series Big Block Muffler. Very quite but has a great idle sound.
          Attached Files
          Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

I run a cheap turbo muffler which is quiet with a nice rumble when you get on the throttle.
            69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

I ran this Walker on my '79 Sub 350 and have one for the Bronc-up's soon to be exhaust system. Only ever heard it when hard on the throttle.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-17698
              Cross-threaded is tighter than lock-tite

Comment

Dynomax turbos, minimal pipe off the headers sounds perfect. I had 2 chamber flowmasters once upon a time, way too loud
                1966 U13
                393W, C4, 4 Wheel Disc brakes, Power Steering, Hydroboost, 5.5" Suspension, 2" body, BFG 35x12.5's, Big Bearing 9" Detroit soft locker, Yukon 31 Spline Axles, HP D44 Aussie locker.

Comment

Broncrick, was your old "quiet" Bronco running exhaust exits out the side too?
                  This aspect alone makes a huge difference.

Paul
                  Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                  www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                  68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

I run the flow master hush power. Way quieter than the other flow masters n way smaller. If you're going to wild horses for the swap meet I'm bringing my bronco with me if you want to hear how it sounds let me know

Comment

Paul, yes old one had long tube headers with pass side dump behind door also
                      Marshall, yes and I would love to hear it

Rick-
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                      X