who is running fitech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is running fitech

Ive had the fitech on for about 4 months now. Almost everything is working great. The only problem I am having is when I get out of the throttle while still in gear the afr goes up to 20-1 and it back fires out the exhaust. I've made small adj and large ones and nothing helps. Anyone run into anything like this? What adj have you made to the tune? Any help is appreciated.

Re: who is running fitech

Interesting issue. Is yours controlling the timing too, or just the fuel?
    You might call and talk to Justin at Wild Horses, as he's running one on his hopped up engine. Don't think he's had that issue with his, but it would be worth checking in to i would think.

Have you called their tech line to ask them?

Good luck.

Paul
    Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
    www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
    68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Mine backfires coming off a high rev because i need to time the engine a little better.

Call fiTech. they can walk you through step by step and try to figure it out. They helped me tons when setting my tps and idle.
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

What Ryan said. I have a buddy that had the same issue with his FiTech. He called their tech support and in less than five minutes they solved his issue.

Comment

Hey trying to rehash this forum. I am currently contemplating switching from my fox body fuel injection to a Fitech setup. I was wondering how it was working for everyone?and if it would be a good upgrade from my current EFI setup? It has a high idle issue that I have been trying to fix. And I'm am frustrated with. How does the fitech work on road off the road in the rocks? Thanks Evan

Comment

When you set your idle on your Mustang EFI, did you unplug the spout connector and the Idle Air Bypass also? If you unplug both then start the engine and close your throttle stop until it starts to stumble you should get rid of the high idle when everything is plugged back in.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Yup I have even gone as far as replacing all of my sensors. Like the TPS idle air control Bap sensor water temperature mass air flow it has me stumped. The only thing I have not done. is replace the ECM! I am running a A9l that I pulled from one of my old mustang that ran good

Comment

It only does it once it has warmed up. When cold it idles fine thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                X