FiTech no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FiTech no start

I finally got my Go Street EFI installed. Fired right up, went through a slight rough patch during the learning process, then ran flawlessly. Shut it off and fired it up a couple times no problem. Then let it sit for a little then fired it up once again, it ran, and went to restart it, but no luck. It sounds like it briefly starts then dies? I changed nothing during this whole process. I tried resetting the memory and no change. Any ideas what to check? Checking here before I call tech support.
    We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Re: FiTech no start

What Kind of ignition?
    Jack
    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Stock with a Mallory unilite

Comment

There was a guy on the Rubicon who had FiTech. It ran great on the street but had tons of problems on the trail. It would go for about 10 mins and then shut down. He thought it was because it was overheating. When we got to Ellis we took the hood off and it ran ok to Buck. But on the way out he had problems again. It was like it was vapor locking. We got about 1/4 mile from the spillway and we couldn't get it running. Dragged him out and put it on a trailer. He's using the fuel commander set up.
        Last edited by gddyap; 08-16-2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I'm using an in tank pump. I have read about people adding a direct ground to the throttle body and having some luck. It was strange how everything was good and then this.
          Last edited by Muddy; 08-17-2016, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Just a guess...

When a normal ignition seems like it wants to run with key in start it's because the ignition is losing 12v when you let the key go back to run. Meaning, no 12v out to ignition in the keyed run position.

Check your power connections keyed start, run, and constant. Let us know. I'm installing one of these on a business customer's Torino next week. I don't want issues....he's an important customer!!!
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Interesting. I'm going to take a look at it this weekend I'll keep you posted.

Comment

I was able to get it to run again, ran fine, but would not restart when warm. I added a dedicated ground to the throttle body, checked all electrical connections, everything is tight, and there is fuel pressure. Still has the same problem. Will fire briefly and then die. I'm stumped. Not sure what else I can check. Going to try and find time to call tech support this week.

Comment

That's a head scratcher.....Hope you get it fixed. Seems like a good system.
                  jack
                  73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

do you have spark. will it start if you spray carb cleaner in it/
                    75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Update: Tech support told me that I cannot run a ballast resister. Their system requires a full 12 volts to function properly. My Unilite requires one, so the module will not burn out. Kind of a bummer I've had that Mallory for years and it's never let me down. Any suggestions for distributors that won't break the bank or suggestions to make this work? I read that if I get an ignition box I can eliminate the ballast resister but I hate to blow money on a chance.
                      Last edited by Muddy; 08-22-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Duraspark with a GM HEI module. Factory parts available at any parts store.
                        On the Rubicon, Ryan mentioned putting the temp sensor in a cooler part of the intake manifold so that it didn't read an overheat condition. If it gets too hot the computer shuts everything down.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	274256Speedway motors. They are tall. I had to trim the hood support with no body lift and a 351W. One wire hook up.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I like the simplicity of an Hei unit. What did you think of the quality of the speedway one?

Comment

I liked the one for the 351 better. It was a one piece shaft where the one for the 302 was a two piece shaft. Both have worked flawlessly. Get the plug that goes to the distributor if you get one.
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                              X