c6 vs ZF question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c6 vs ZF question

Im considering going to a c6 in place of my ZF. However, when i built the rig, i kept the tub pretty close to the tranny. Is a C6 any wider than a zf? I know the pan will be, but that should be below the tub. Does anyone have a picture of the two side by side?

Re: c6 vs ZF question

I believe the C6's come in two lengths. One shorter by a few inches and one longer by 1 inch I think, not sure which one is the common SB size.. As far as width, I think they are narrower. Even at the widest point right behind the bell housing they still look narrower than a ZF.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I agree, bit smaller
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Is your gearing wrong for an overdrive at this point? Or are you just wanting to go automatic and want a C6 vs an AOD or similar?

Paul
        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

C6 would be the tougher option. Personally, overdrive is kinda unnecessary in my rig. 5.13 gears, 42" tires and full hydro means by the time I would need OD the speed is already getting scary.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Working...
          X