Looking at a set of new tires for the Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at a set of new tires for the Bronco

I am looking for a set of 37's for a 15 inch rim for my 79. This size seems be harder and harder to find these days. Something that is good on the road as well as off the road. Any recommendations? And who's got good prices these days?

Re: Looking at a set of new tires for the Bronco

I'm running 35" MTR's. I'm very pleased with them. They work well in the rocks and snow. They seem to wear fairly good (I don't drive a lot on the road but i don't trailer either). One time they caked up in the mud pretty good but other than that they have my vote. I plan to step up to 37" MTR's when their worn out.
    Last edited by jwill84; 11-03-2016, 07:30 PM.
    66, 351W FITECH, NP435, D20, D44, CURRIE 9", ARB, 4.5 WH, 2" bl, 37,'s

Comment

Originally posted by jwill84 View Post
      I plan to step up to 37" MTR's when their worn out.
      I hate to be the one to break it to you, but not if you are running a 15 inch rim you won't.

Comment

I have been really happy with the Toyo MTs. The Maxxis Creepy Crawlers would be one to consider, I am not familiar with how they work for street driving. And of course a ton choices from Super Swamper none of which are great for the road.
        Last edited by highlander; 11-03-2016, 08:10 PM.
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

4wheelparts only shows Superswampers, Toyos, and Maxxis in that tire size. Most of them are wide.

Comment

17s are the new 15s.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
              17s are the new 15s.
              Tell me about it! I really don't want to change rims, but I may be forced to by the tire manufacturers. It's a conspiracy maaaan!

Comment

Did some research on the Maxxis Creepy Crawler and they only make a Bias tire in a 37 12.50/15.

Anybody run a Bias tire on a onroad/offroad type rig? I'm worried about flat spotting when the rig sits in the garage for long periods of time.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                  I hate to be the one to break it to you, but not if you are running a 15 inch rim you won't.
                  All good things come to an end. But I'm with you, I'd like to see newer tires other than swampers, above 35's for 15" wheels.
                  66, 351W FITECH, NP435, D20, D44, CURRIE 9", ARB, 4.5 WH, 2" bl, 37,'s

Comment

I think Pitbull Rockers are still available in a 37/12.50r15 radial.
                    Last edited by highlander; 11-04-2016, 09:41 PM.
                    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Pit Bull Rockers
                      Toyo Open Country
                      Interco Irok

these are the only three that i found "affordable"
                      {o===o}
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                        Did some research on the Maxxis Creepy Crawler and they only make a Bias tire in a 37 12.50/15.

Anybody run a Bias tire on a onroad/offroad type rig? I'm worried about flat spotting when the rig sits in the garage for long periods of time.
                        My PBRs are bias. They flat spot so I put my Bronco on jackstands in the garage. There are balancing patches inside and even with 10oz of airsoft pellets, they shake at 60+mph.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                          My PBRs are bias. They flat spot so I put my Bronco on jackstands in the garage. There are balancing patches inside and even with 10oz of airsoft pellets, they shake at 60+mph.
                          That's funny because I was trying to justify bias tires in my head, I told myself that I could just jack it up and put it on jack stands when not in use. But then I thought that might get a little old after a while. So I'm back to looking for radials. The Pitbulls are looking pretty good. Anybody have any experience with Pitbull radial Rockers?

Comment

I would have gotten the radials if they offered them at the time.
                            Kind of chicken and the egg. I don't drive the Bronco that often so it's no big deal to be on jackstands. But would I drive it more often if it wasn't on jackstands? I'd like to switch back to a less aggressive radial.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                              I would have gotten the radials if they offered them at the time.
                              Kind of chicken and the egg. I don't drive the Bronco that often so it's no big deal to be on jackstands. But would I drive it more often if it wasn't on jackstands? I'd like to switch back to a less aggressive radial.
                              I think I would like something a little less aggressive too, but man there are not a lot of options out there for a 15 inch rim anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X