'94 351 into my 74 EB Sport - Radiator Research Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 351 into my 74 EB Sport - Radiator Research Options

I'm in process of planning the install of a '94 351w into my 74 EB Sport, and am attempting to locate the best radiator option. Obviously I need to find one with reversed tanks, and it would be nice if it was aluminum with 3+ cores. Ideally, it would also be nice to find one that fit in the original space. I'm not really into hacking up the front of the rig. Any suggestions?
    David Rowe
    '74 Bronco Ranger, 351W w/ FiTech Injection, ZF5 5sp, Titan Blackbox Underdrive to Np205 TCase, Full Width Hi Pinion 44 & Ford 9" w/ disks, 4x4x2 w/ hydro steer, 23 Gallon Tank, Protofab bumpers and on-board air.

Re: '94 351 into my 74 EB Sport - Radiator Research Options

2 1" cores will keep it cool esp if you use a fixed 7 blade fan. I used a Ron Davis on my '76 351 pumped up motor and crawlin in 100* heat keep it at 195*
    Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

This is good to hear. Here is the one I was looking at: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/BCI-35006
      David Rowe
      '74 Bronco Ranger, 351W w/ FiTech Injection, ZF5 5sp, Titan Blackbox Underdrive to Np205 TCase, Full Width Hi Pinion 44 & Ford 9" w/ disks, 4x4x2 w/ hydro steer, 23 Gallon Tank, Protofab bumpers and on-board air.

Comment

I used the 4 core brass radiator from WH for my 96 5.8L. I use a combination of Mustang and Econoline serpentine with a flexfan. No cooling problems when I had a shroud. Gets a little warm during slow crawing without a shroud. No grill mods.

Comment

I would suggest going to the Exploder front dress while you're doing the swap. The water pump and timing cover are a much better design than any of the previous parts. Not to mention that it buys you a little more fan to radiator distance and has a good clutch fan assembly.
          Cross-threaded is tighter than lock-tite

Comment

ive got this griffin for sale if it works for you. It cooled my stroker motor

http://norcalbroncos.com/

Comment

I went with the explorer front dress and a champion reverse radiator, that setup has been good to me for the past 4 years or so. I do have an electric fan as backup but it has never come one.

http://www.championradiators.com/For...ator-1966-1967
              Build thread

Comment

What did you do mounting the champion rad? Will it fit stock brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuddy68 View Post
                  What did you do mounting the champion rad? Will it fit stock brackets.
                  You have to use the 4-row stock style brackets:
                  http://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-dra...1977/p/RADB14/
                  Build thread

Comment

10-4, thanks much

Comment

thanks for the suggestions. I elected for the 3 row aluminum, with the new brackets, and then moved them forward some to clear the serpentine system. I think it looks clean, while not requiring significant hacking.
                      David Rowe

Comment

Working...
                      X