Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you think if somebody built a Bronco with an LSA engine in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you think if somebody built a Bronco with an LSA engine in it?

If you don’t know what an LSA is, it’s the supercharged 6.2L LS motor from a Cadillac CTS-V. They make 556 HP in stock form but can be modded to make much more and still be reliable and refined.
    Hate it, can’t put a GM in a Ford
    50.00%
    Cool build, great power!!!
    41.67%
    On the fence, no opinion
    8.33%
    Last edited by Efibroncoman; 10-07-2017, 09:01 AM.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Re: What would you think if somebody built a Bronco with an LSA engine in it?

Sorry I am a traditionalist, Ford in Ford, Chevy in Chevy, Jeep - mixed bag they used other manufactures parts back in the day, But a Hemi > yes.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

It would be sweet!
      Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

I have always wanted to put one in a ratrod, but in a Bronco, I don't know. I could certainly appreciate the work and engineering that would go into it. But I am more like Doug, I like to see a Ford in Ford and Chevy in Chevy.

Comment

I'll gladly take the donation and make my bronco look like a bronco again
          70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

I know several people are swapping in Coyote motors and those are really cool. But being only 302 cubic inches means they don’t have big low end torque even with a supercharger. The numbers are there but peak torque is at like 4500 rpms. Great for a race car, not so much for a crawler. I wish Ford hadn’t completely retired big inch motors that would fit in a Bronco and still be OBDII.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I would never...........................oh wait.
              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                i would never...........................oh wait.
                lmao
                Last edited by Efibroncoman; 10-08-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure that I could do it, but it would definitely be unique and cool.

The way that I see it: people seem to think that a freakin bread truck 4 cylinder cummins diesel swap is cool. Nobody bats an eye when people put axles that are too wide for the body under a bronco. Transmission and transfer case swaps, EFI, etc.. none of that seems to matter either.

So... if you want to be the trailblazer and try something that's not yet been done, go for it. It's not my taste, but it's not my Bronco either!
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Kinda like the guy who stuck a built 351 Cleveland into the 74 EB I bought 8 years ago. It lasted about a month before the oil pump failed and the engine became a boat anchor. Total Torque Mismatch.
                    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

That wasn't a Red Bronco with a C6 bolted to it as well by any chance, was it Spaceburger?
                      Knew one of those around here many years ago but have not seen him in maybe 20 years.

Paul
                      Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                      www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                      68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Nope, the one I found was Orange with a white top and touch extral electrical knick knacks. The engine gone but the C4 and driveline was all OK. Ended up parting it out.
                        Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

I figure as long as your not tearing up a classic, it's all good! my taste try to keep ford with ford like the ford disc brake conversion
                          or necessity like a ford 9" in a chevy.
                          if your going all out, it's all good! kinda like a top fuel Mustang... it's more of a tribute thing, because how much of the mustang is really left?
                          although, it does seem like a wicked amount of power to put in a lil bronco... seems very tim the tool man taylor like... (pardon the stretch) I can not tell you how many of the things he made I would like to have tried.
                          just my .02
                          '67 4bbl 351w 3spd 4.11 3.5'' 33'' Workin Project!
                          Most people will never imagine what Me and My Bronco have been through.

Comment

Working...
                          X