Bronco Bed Toolbox Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Bed Toolbox Ideas

I have been thinking about installing a low-profile toolbox in the bed of the Bronco, under the rear seat. Looking for a secure, permanent, and effecent place my tools, that is out of the way and out of sight. Additional thoughts include the incorporation speakers in the front of the box (forward facing), leveraging the original rear seat holes to bolt the toolbox down, and then the ability to bolt the rear seat in on top. Has anyone tackled this project already? I spoke with rimrock mfg, and they can build one custom width and length, and 6 1/4" tall...but they are heavy and expensive. Plastic Options?
    David Rowe
    '74 Bronco Ranger, 351W w/ FiTech Injection, ZF5 5sp, Titan Blackbox Underdrive to Np205 TCase, Full Width Hi Pinion 44 & Ford 9" w/ disks, 4x4x2 w/ hydro steer, 23 Gallon Tank, Protofab bumpers and on-board air.

Re: Bronco Bed Toolbox Ideas

I would use a heavy gauge steel if your going to bolt the rear seat to it.
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Re: Bronco Bed Toolbox Ideas

I can take a couple pics but I built two separate tool boxes that were close to the original mounting height of the stock rear seat back in about '99.

They are plenty solid as my Vista fold and tumble rear seat attaches to it along with the seat belts.

The front box is flush with the mounting of the Vista seat and the rear box goes back to the tailgate.

I work great! Secure tool and spare parts storage, no rain can get in either. I keyed them the same as my house as I hate keys...

I just had to narrow one as they won't fit between the wheel wells of my 4link/ORI build.
      Last edited by nvrstuk; 11-14-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X