Sliders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliders.

Is any welding to body required or just tuck up nice and close to door sill and call it done after welding to the frame?

Re: Sliders.

Only weld to the frame. Leave a little room for flex under body. I angled my 2 middle attachments so It created a little triangulation to take a hit front to back.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20161217_143448.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	275498
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 04-19-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

When I welded my sliders I used a piece of 1/2” plywood as a spacer between the shaved rockers and the sliders. The gap never changed and they took some pretty hard hits on big rocks.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Body doesn’t flex/sag with the front to back support of a rocker cut out?

Comment

Mine didn’t. I know some guys figured out that 1”x3”x0.120” wall box tubing fits inside the shaved rocker really well and welds to the bottom of the thicker “A” and “B” pillar supports well. I’ll do that on the next build.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
            Mine didn’t. I know some guys figured out that 1”x3”x0.120” wall box tubing fits inside the shaved rocker really well and welds to the bottom of the thicker “A” and “B” pillar supports well. I’ll do that on the next build.
            I couldn't find any 1x3, so i got some 1x2 and 1x1 and welded them together and put them under the door sill for support. I made my sliders and cross supports out of 1/8" and it does flex a bit. I eventually want to tie my sliders into the roll cage mounts. That would keep the sliders away from the body and tie the cage to the frame.
            Kyle
            Aptos
            1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

That’s what I gonna do. Tie the cage to the sliders .

Comment

I ran 2”x4”x 0.188” was rectangle tube on my sliders. Plenty of strength for supporting the entire weight without bending. I also used mine as air tanks and they never leaked. I also had the roll cage tied into the sliders below “A” and “B” pillars with polyurethane bushings to retain the body to frame flex.

Comment

Working...
                X