No announcement yet.

exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will also be taking out my long tube headers and dual 2.25" exhaust w/ Borla mufflers and replacing it with WH shorties and a 2 into 1 to make room for the doubler and a 4-link. Once upon a time I had single exhaust and it performed better over most of the rpm range (the part you use for every thing but racing.) I haven't decided on exactly how or what muffler to use yet, but I am leaning towards a magnaflow and dual 2.25" to single 2.5 or 3".
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
      I will also be taking out my long tube headers and dual 2.25" exhaust w/ Borla mufflers and replacing it with WH shorties and a 2 into 1 to make room for the doubler and a 4-link. Once upon a time I had single exhaust and it performed better over most of the rpm range (the part you use for every thing but racing.) I haven't decided on exactly how or what muffler to use yet, but I am leaning towards a magnaflow and dual 2.25" to single 2.5 or 3".

If you don't like really loud, don't get the Magnaflow wide open. I have one, and it is really loud. My wife can hear me at idle two blocks away inside our house.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
        It seems like I've had about eleventeen exhaust systems after the stock original one, including the ubiquitous Duffs duals that rotted after a couple of years. After another fling with Flowmaster duals, I went to a single myself for the space savings. Even then I kept changing things. I started obsessing about quiet. Currently I have a gigantic Dynomax something-or-other, the biggest one that would fit between the frame rail and driveshaft, being fed by WH shorties. No longer does exhaust noise mess with my serenity.
        Attached Files
        1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
        I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Working...
        X