Protofab bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protofab bumper

I would like to know some opinions on the plate stlye rear Protofab bumper w/ tire carrier.

Chris
    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Lots of moving parts and brackets. I like the overall design, but the cam locks make it cumbersome. WH has one on the showroom floor...it is still better looking than the blocky Hanson. However, the hanson is bullet proof...

I
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I have one that didn't include the any end caps/protectors or supports that tie to the frame. Mine is still on the vehicle, but shaped like an "S". If you back into that bumper hard or drag it on a rock going forward it will bend. I also bent the tire carrier several times standing the rig on end. It got so bad I cut it off.

I wouldn't buy it again. I'd make my own.

J my 2 cents
      Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

NOTPRETTY-are you talking about Protofab's new plate bumpers or their tube bumpers? When you reference endcaps/protectors it seems to me that's only for their tube bumpers.

Comment

Yes, that is what I am refering to...tube style. If you were talking about something else, please disregard my comments.

Oppsss. Just read "Plate Style"...must have missed that the first time.
          Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

It's all good, actually I was just clarifying because I'm considering buying the plate bumpers and I was surprised to hear you say you bent one as they look very stout.

Comment

Working...
            X