Jeep steering box, looks like it will fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep steering box, looks like it will fit

I was at the Jeep recycler the other day when I saw this box in a WJ (99+ GrandCherokee). It has the same layout as the F-100 box but the sector is 3" shorter. I turned the input and got about 2.75 turns lock to lock but now I need to take the pitman arm off to see if it can be re indexed, full left is only about 15 degrees off straight back, pitman arm to frame relation. My F-100 box will stay till the rear project is done but this box may let me move the front end forward a bit.
    Attached Files
    1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

I dont' know about that one.
    I was tearing apart a Jeep JK the other weekend and the box looked lkind of like that as well. I think anything fits with the right welder.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn
      I dont' know about that one.
      I was tearing apart a Jeep JK the other weekend and the box looked lkind of like that as well. I think anything fits with the right welder.
      It does look similar but the pitman arm comes out to the front, that would make it steer wrong, Right??? maybe not... Hm, now Im confused. I will have to look into that tomorrow.
      1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Ok. I took a look at the JK box today, same box but the pitman does come out the front. looks like that would be a good fit for a front end stretch. Its a reverse gear so it would steer correctly too. Good luck finding one of those cheap though...

Comment

Working...
        X