Twin T Stick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin T Stick Question

Just installed my T-Twin sticks tonight. Mind you before tonight I never even knew if the T-Case worked. Looks like it is OK. I hacked up the floor pan and I am wondering if I need to cut back more for HIGH. Both sticks are even when in HIGH but it looks like the lower plunger can come out more.
    In LOW the sticks are not even but the plungers look like they are all the way in. IS IT NORMAL FOR THE Lower plunger to be out only part way in HIGH?? Do I need to cut more floor pan to get the HIGH stick moved lower thus pulling the lower plunger out more??
    Which Stick if front or rear? No directions in box.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spaceburger; 06-20-2007, 10:33 PM.
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

ya it needs to be cut back some more. I did the same thing and it didn't engage all the way and poped out when wheeling the truck in 4 high
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Cut it back some more, you dont want it being knocked out of gear due to body flex on the trail.
      1966 U13
      393W, C4, 4 Wheel Disc brakes, Power Steering, Hydroboost, 5.5" Suspension, 2" body, BFG 35x12.5's, Big Bearing 9" Detroit soft locker, Yukon 31 Spline Axles, HP D44 Aussie locker.

Comment

The stick on the left is the front. If you look at the shift rails they are on the same side as the gear set they control. The left side drops out and connects to the front driveshaft.
        You will need to enlarge your shifter hole a little too.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Last edited by House; 06-21-2007, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I forgot about body flex. So overall the left front not being fully engaged has not been an issue because I have not tried to use it yet.
            So for sure the left (front) plunger will be pulled out more when I enlarge the hole? It seems the right (rear) plunger has three distinct positions to match H-N-L but the left (front) only seems to have two.
            Message I am hearing: both should have 3 distinct positions and left stick needs a bigger hole to move down.
            Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

you are correct
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
              X