BCB EFI cable mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCB EFI cable mod

Heard about all the issues of cutting the cable too short, and it pulling out of the end (set screw) or breaking. I took the pedal end ball connector where the cable is trimmed and secured, got the right sized bit and drilled it all the way through. So the cable passes through the connector and I dont have to worry about it being too short or long, I can adjust it
    Attached Files
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

NICE! Now are you actually going to be able to drive it?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
      NICE! Now are you actually going to be able to drive it?
      :flipoff2: yep! got the 435 working, just have to throw in a rear driveline and it will see sun once again. Just have to get all the Jegs/Summit/Chit/etc boxes off of it so I can hose it off
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

that's a really smart move. Lokar stuff is like that and much better to deal with.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
          that's a really smart move. Lokar stuff is like that and much better to deal with.
          Hardest part is cutting the cable correctly (cleanly) to keep the frays from messing with you as you slide it through the connector.
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Slightly off topic, but seeing it in the background, are you going to have to
            bend your WH Twin Sticks to get your Gear Banger to work properly?

Comment

You can adjust the length of the cable at the carb end. The connecting piece to the carb threads on and off the cable which give you about 3/4" of adjustment. At least mine does. I'm not sure if BC has changed the design in the last four years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by House
                Slightly off topic, but seeing it in the background, are you going to have to
                bend your WH Twin Sticks to get your Gear Banger to work properly?
                House, already bent them with a torch, might need more once I'm done putting the tunnel cover back on.

Justino, yes there is some adjustment at the EFI end, but I have heard of the cable pulling/breaking at the pedal end. I had just enough beers to find a solution that works for me to avoid trail (more) repairs
                Rick-
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

To get a clean cut, go by an electrical supply, and buy some 2000 series Klein dykes. Snap-On and Mac also make some super kick ass, ultra hardened steel dykes.

To push it through, use your soldering iron, and lightly tin the now cleanly cut end to keep it from unraveling.

Nice job on the mod. I did something similar, with a cable retainer bolt (from Ace hardware) and drilling through the pedal.

HIS: 76 [o===o]
                  HERS: 68 [o===o] "Doodlebug"

Lonestar Early Bronco Club

Endeavor Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear
                    To get a clean cut, go by an electrical supply, and buy some 2000 series Klein dykes. Snap-On and Mac also make some super kick ass, ultra hardened steel dykes.
                    Best to cut cable with cable shears. If you have never used a good pair you'll be amazed how nicely they cut. Klein 63016 or Felco C3. Popular with the aviation crowd.
                    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                    I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars
                      Best to cut cable with cable shears. If you have never used a good pair you'll be amazed how nicely they cut. Klein 63016 or Felco C3. Popular with the aviation crowd.
                      Thats what I used (all Klein here), plus a wrap of tape for good measure
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                      X