Power Steering ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering ?'s

this box came off a 72 f100 2wd supposedly. its huge! if this is the right box do you use any of the existing factory holes when making a brace for this or do you just plate it and make three new holes? any info would be great thanx. i'm concerned about lining this thing up, it hits my radiator and the inner frame support of my grill.

[IMG][/IMG]

That is the right box if you want to run a box on the inside of the frame rail.. They do hang low... (Like Me).. Try West Coast Broncos or W/H's.. They have a frame bracket that you need to get... You do not use the original holes.. You will also need a shorter drag link.. and strait pitman arm..

Here are some old pictures..

Aaron
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daddy4zack; 07-31-2007, 05:45 PM.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

i just did that swap.
      2WD swap
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
        That is the right box if you want to run a box on the inside of the frame rail.. They do hang low... (Like Me)..Aaron
        thats 3 of us hangin low
        Attached Files
        Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger
          thats 3 of us hangin low

Wait a minute.. I got a rise...

4X4X2 now..

A
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

You will also need a drop track bar bracket to avoid bump steer. If you don't already have one. (A track bar riser would also work. ) And it requires atleast a 2.5" lift.
            69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Or, if you HUGE like me, you will hang low with the f100 box, and have a drop pitman arm...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

thats great guys, that is what i needed to know.I do have 5" w/h coils so the low hanging arm should be ok. the next ? is i where do i tap once i get the pump on for hydro assist? thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by beatupbronco
                  thats great guys, that is what i needed to know.I do have 5" w/h coils so the low hanging arm should be ok. the next ? is i where do i tap once i get the pump on for hydro assist? thanks again.

The next thing you do is :

Call.....

http://westtexasoffroad.homestead.com/index.html

They will set you up!!!

And you dont want to use the 4x2 box for that....

Aaron
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

well that blows since i already have the box, pump and the hydro ram and lines. what is the problem with the 2wd box and hydro?

Comment

Just my opinion.. but you don't want a box that hangs that low... If you are spending all that money on hydro DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!! Take it from me and others..... Do your research... and save money in the long run!!!

A
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

so then is my best option a 4x4 box and convert it to work with a eb? I may have a way of getting a 79 f250 4x box. i'm willing to listen to any opinion

Comment

Most of us ran the F100 box for ever. Hell it was the Box to run. It was either that, or a factory EB box.
                          I had it for 6-8 years. It did fine, I only hit it a few times because it did hang down so low. The sector shaft was also week, so I carried a spare box, but I'd have no problem running that box again. Its a decent box, its cheap, and parts are everywhere for it (Every junk yard as a 70's 2WD pickup)
                          Mark Harris
                          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

will any 70's 4x4 box work or is there a difference between the half ton and three quarter ton trucks? It would be nicer to run a box on the outside of the frame and not mess with beating my radiator to get it to fit.

Comment

The one that you want to look for comes in the 78/79 F-150 4x4 truck and Big Bronco. This one mounts to the outside of the frame with 3 bolts. The pitman are faces forward on this box so if you put it in the stock location on your EB, it will turn backwards. You can switch the wrom gear inside the box or if you are going to send it to WTO to have them rebuilt and drill and tap it for you, they can switch the worm gear for you.

Here is a picture of the 4x4 box that you are looking for.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X