Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly someone can help me out

Hey guys,

Ran into some issues with my daily driver car, timing belt went on my subaru even though I had the dealership replace it exactly 1 yr 4 months ago. Since it is past the 1 year parts and labor warrenty they will not warranty the work. Tried just today to get it replaced again and found out that it basically killed the engine (valves are shot and the mechanic thinks it damaged the internals).

Basically I am without a car because my bronco front radius arm bushings were so cracked they fell apart. I was planning to let it sit until I can save up and just get the 5.5 WH lift and cage radius arms to do everything all at once and take it apart all at once. Hardly no money now since my DD died.

Seeing if anyone near me (Auburn) could help me out and at least replace the stock bushings (never done it) so I can have a DD until I can sell the subaru and get another car/truck. If anyone can help out that would be greatly appreciated, can't pay anything but will supply as much beer as you can drink, haha. Trying to get any smiles after what I found out about my car.

Thanks for everyone looking and any help or advice I can get.

Kyle

530-368-2259

Alright you Nor Cal boys.....a Bronco brother needs a little help here. I would be over there in a second if I didn't live 3 hours away. So somebody in that neighborhood needs to come to the rescue and help Kyle get his Bronco on the road. Radius arm bushings shouldn't take more than a couple hours with the right tools. Anyone.......

Comment

Just came thru on the way back from the Con if I only knew could have stop by and helped. But like Cawlin68 I too am 3 hr. away
      Brian
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Thanks guys, just a pretty shitty time going on. I can probably get it just was trying to stay away from getting the bronco lean. Anyone know if I would be able to the bushings at Napa or Kragen since WildHorses is closed or should I just wait to get the bushing set from WH?

Thanks again

Kyle

Comment

Hey Kyle, What is your time line? I mean does this need to be done by monday?? I can stop by Central 4wd tomarrow on my way home if they are open and get a set. Do you have jack, stands etc to lift the rig???

FM <><
          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

I just got home and ran across this thread.

Did you find bushings today? I can give you a hand installing them tomorrow afternoon.

I am in the foothills between Auburn and Lincoln.

Brad

Comment

I have a set of 7 degree bushings.. near new..But do you have no-lift or some lift? 7 degrees maybe too much..

Aaron
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Thats the thing about the lift, I dont know if it has a small suspension lift or not. It has a 2" body but the springs I dont know if they are a lift or stock. The PO had this wierd angle iron that he welded on the front of the spring to add a second shock. Maybe an old lift that someone had. Anyway to tell by the springs? I am clearing 35" tires pretty well.

I dont need it done ASAP, the owner of our company is letting me use a company vehicle for the time being but I dont know how long that will last. I travel to Oregon every week for one of my commercial jobsites that I take a company truck to. I can do it either tomorrow or later in the week. You guys are awesome, yes I do have jack stands and a floor jack. Don't think my jack stands will reach all the way unless I block them.

Thanks once more

Kyle

Oh yeah, haha, if you know anyone into subarus. I now have a 2000 subaru 2.5 RS that needs a motor. Would be good project to put a newer STI or WRX motor in.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NorcalKD; 08-11-2007, 08:30 PM.

Comment

That looks like a 3.5" lift with a 2" body lift.. That means my 7 degree bushings should work for you... P.M. your address and I can send them to you..

Hope this helps you....

Aaron
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Which bushings are missing the degree bushings at the C's or the donuts on the end that attaches to the frame?? I could hook up later tomarrow. I will pm you my phone. If you don't respond to this tonight or early tomarrow then call me so I know which bushings you need.

FM <><
                    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                    1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

The bushings that actually fell apart are the donuts that mount to the frame. The only problem is when I was checking the other bushings for degree bushings at the C's those ones are pretty cracked too. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Sorry about your Suburu. To determine your lift measure from the top of the axle tube to the bottom of the frame. Stock is 7" so any amount over that is your lift. From the picture I would guess it is 3.5".
                        Last edited by highlander; 08-11-2007, 11:16 PM.
                        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I dont think i have new round bushings . let me look. If I do I'll send them all..

I think I gave them to KWSPONY.. I'll look and pm him also..

Aaron
                          Last edited by Daddy4zack; 08-12-2007, 07:46 AM.
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Its alright about my subaru, just gives me a kick in the ass to get a new truck. Besides the car is a little to impractical for me, (I work in construction & I am 6'3" so it looks like a clown car) But they are sure fun when you try going ralley racing, nothing is like hitting a 90 degree corner on a dirt road and putting it sideways going about 60 mph and pulling out of it. Nice gas mileage as I finished up college last year. Commuting from Auburn to Sac was no picnic.

Anyways, looks like the lift is more of a 2.5" lift or 3.5" with sagging springs I measured about 8.5-9".

Arron, anything you can find would be a great help.

Thanks again,

Kyle

Comment

I just looked in the mess of a garage and I have a set of 2deg's that I took off of my 67 when I put my lift on...You are welcome to them if you need them...Im off of Greenback and 80.
                              1967, 302,C4, I DID it Not SOME FRIGGEN SHOP.

Comment

Working...
                              X