2 1/2 lift stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 1/2 lift stuff

Do you normally need a drop bracket or an adjustable track bar for a 2 1/2 lift? The coils are 18 1/2" , so I'm assuming it's a 2 1/2. It just seems like everything moved to the drives side.
    Tray
    73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Yes, it will move the axle to one side. Whether or not you do a track bar is up to you. If you lose too much steering in one direction, you will want to recenter the axle. If you have some bump steer because the drag link and track bar are a bit off of parallel, you can get the drop bracket or riser, or if they are too much of a drop or rise, you can build your own to suit your needs.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

If you need a drop bracket I have one I'll give you.
      Tony
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Sweet! Thanks! Most drop brackets are set for 3 1/2 right? Is there enough room to drill a new hole an inch higher or does it matter?
        Tray

Comment

Shouldn't be an issue.
          Were you at?
          Tony
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Hes in fresno area tony, I have stuff for him also I'm taking down next trip fresno if you get it to me...

Originally posted by blwngsket
            Shouldn't be an issue.
            Were you at?
            Tony
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I sent you a PM about getting some stuff to Patrick also if that's cool. What's your sched. the next couple of days?
              Tony

Comment

The coils are 18 1/2"
                Just curious is that under load or out of the rig. If its the compressed height while they are installed in the rig then I think you have a 3.5" lift. Just FYI

FM <><
                72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

A Drop bracket will hit your tie rod if you ever go TRO I would go with TRO now a Riser off the diff could be added later if you wanted more lift Just my .02
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
                    Just curious is that under load or out of the rig. If its the compressed height while they are installed in the rig then I think you have a 3.5" lift. Just FYI

FM <><
                    My 3.5 Cage coils sit at 16'' comp. hgt. also curious????
                    pops
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I measured them when they were off so I'm pretty sure its a true 2 1/2 .
                      Let me know if I need to send shipping or if Pops is going to haul it.
                      If he keeps hauling parts for me, I'm going to owe some serious !

Comment

Working...
                      X