Kickdown linkage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickdown linkage question

When I bought my bronco there was no kickdown linkage so I am trying to set it back up using the Lokar cable #C-4 KD-20C4HT. My current setup is a stock mani with the two bbl carb on my 351.

The instructions show the cable mounted to one of Lokar's brackets, the 1st problem is if I mount the cable to the rear of the carb on one of the studs like the instructions say there is no carb linkage that swings oppisite of the throttle pull so the kickdown cable will be pulled at the same time.

The 2nd problem is it shows the bracket mounting on a bolt of the round four bolt cover on the passengers side of the trans which is on the oppisite side of my kickdown arm. 3rd, is it normal for the kickdown arm to move freely without ant tension? Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Terry
    Attached Files
    Damn it.... not again!!!!

This is where the stock kickdown arm mounts to the carb. It pushes the lever on the trans, so with a cable it should mount to the front of the carb I think unless you mount it on the lower side of the throttle arm?? I have the Lokar cable but, it is on a EFI motor.

As for the transmission end you can unbolt the kickdown lever and flip it over to the top, then it will work when pulled instead of pushed. That is how I ran mine.
    Yes the lever on the trans should move freely.
    If you can't get the cable to work I still have the stock kickdown rod laying around.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by highlander; 08-17-2007, 07:42 PM.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
      This is where the stock kickdown arm mounts to the carb. It pushes the lever on the trans, so with a cable it should mount to the front of the carb I think unless you mount it on the lower side of the throttle arm?? I have the Lokar cable but, it is on a EFI motor.
      Thats what I was thinking but im not sure the cable is long enough, but there is not really enough room to make a bracket so it can run off the bottom and have enough pull. If you have the rod let me know how much you want for it if i cant get this to work.

Thanks again

Comment

Take a look here:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...kickdown+cable
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Thanks, got it.

Comment

Ok so I hooked up the lokar cable and the kickdown arm never returns once it is pulled, anyone have any idea why? I dontthink this is normal, the arm is frr to move but wont go back, is there any way to test the kickdown.

Comment

When I had my auto it had a return spring that pulled the kickdown back after you got out of the throttle. It was on a 75 302 Bronco.

Comment

Working...
              X