Master Brake Cylinders..WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Brake Cylinders..WTF?

OK I have three kinds. The one on the top came out of my 72 manual brakes.
    Question 1) How do I get the pedal link off?

Question 2) I have two spares (bottom) where the front and rear reservoirs look switched around. The fourth (not show) sitting on my 74 with power brakes looks like these but the hydralic lines come out on the passenger side instead of the drivers side like all three shown in the pic.
    ? WHAT IS UP ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spaceburger; 08-18-2007, 10:55 AM.
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

different applications. One seems to me that it is manual brakes (the one with the rod) and the other 2 are suppose to be mounted to a booster which has it's own rod. I have never tried to remove a rod from a cylinder, but I am not too sure it would work even if you did take it out.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Thanks Carl, near as I could figure the power brake option puts the hydralic outputs on the passenger side (per my 74 EB).
      So that means my aftermarket Power Steering setup came with the outputs on the drivers side.
      My concern is they are machined with piston diamters that are different.
      My thoughts are the Manual brakes design puts the rear piston up front to make it a smaller dia than the front circuit which resides near the pedal.
      For the power disc brake setup they probably machined it opposite to allow a bigger circuit on the rear.
      But cant confirm any of that till I take them all apart and I didnt want to get into that. So who knows?
      Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
      X