Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big filter before or after fuel pump????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big filter before or after fuel pump????

I can post pics if needed but I have 2 fuel filters one is 13inches long and the other is a 3 or for 4 inch. I wasnt sure so I figured I would ask the pros Thanks for any advice you give I should add that this is an electric fuel pump
    Last edited by raharr3; 08-19-2007, 04:12 PM.
    1967, 302,C4, I DID it Not SOME FRIGGEN SHOP.

I'd say infront of the pump. If there's no filter between the tank and pump, wouldn't it be possible for the pump to pick up junk from the bottom of the tank?

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Im gona use both ..... one infront and one behind but by infront do you mean between he pump and tank? I only ask because I remember that accumulator setup that BC use to sell..and I cant remember if it was before or after the pump....somone had said that the accumulator could help keep from starving the motor of fuel when going up steep areas for long periods of time

Comment

The accumulators went inline after a low pressure pump , but before a high pressure pump. Most people with the accumulators also run a smaller filter inline before the low pressure pump.
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Finger Cuffs
          Brad
          Chico, Ca.

Comment

thanks for the clarification ...im only running a low pressure (14lbs or so) pump because my system is just a TBI so its like fuel injection light
            Last edited by raharr3; 08-20-2007, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X