?? for guys running Pro Flow or High Country Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? for guys running Pro Flow or High Country Hood

I am thinking of going with a Fiberglass hood and I am looking for local broncos with a WH Pro Flow, High Country or Highlander hood so I can see the one actually mounted on a rig.

Do any of you guys in the general Sacramento area have one of these on your Bronco?

The scoop in the hood I have now (pictured below) has lots of Bondo and the hood is ready to taco on the passenger side.

Thanks, Brad
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Muley270; 08-19-2007, 05:49 PM.

Why not go through Terra Comp.. They are in Lincoln also..

Aaron
    Last edited by Daddy4zack; 08-19-2007, 04:42 PM.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I will be stopping in there in the next week to check out their High Rise Hood. I just started thinking of going to FG and I have not decided what looks best yet.

Brad

Comment

I have the Highlander hood on my wife's and I like how it uses the stock body lines. The new buckaroo (yeah kinda gay name and yes I know I have a pink Bronco - its my wife's) is really cool and if it had been out I would have gotten it.
        Attached Files

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Pink aside, that's quite a rig. Did you (and your wife) do the work? Are those 18's? Not my first choice for color (perfect for a chick), but a nice rig!!

I'd have to agree the Buckaroo (gay name) hood is the best looking that I've seen.
          Last edited by 720Racer; 09-01-2007, 07:47 PM.
          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Yup did all the work, it started from a decent looking rig with a LOT of hidden rust. I have had a lot of help from a lot of the locals including regshawn here on the board. The only thing I/we didnt do was the engine and tranny build, otherwise yeah its been a 2 year project including a new tub, new floors from firewall to tailgate, paint and body in my 2 car garage, etc, etc, etc and I just barely got it to SOB. Still have a little left to do and some engine issues to work out (lifters keep dying) but yeah it is quite the head turner for the wife
            And yup 18's, 20's were a little too much with 35's, plus I can get used 35x18's for nothing off of the newer dodge trucks.
            Last edited by PDXBronco; 09-01-2007, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting the Pic.....Definitly a Nice Looking Rig!

The Buckaroo is one I am considering also. I will need to stop in to WH and see them in person to decide. That will be sometime in the next month.

I just finished installing a Currie rear end with Wilwood discs today, and started installing the Hydroboost system....still a ways to go.

Comment

FWIW, I have a 351W under the hood and an HEI setup. I was running with no BL on it but the valve cover on the DS was real close to the firewall so I put on the WH 1" integrated BL to clear a little room.
                Anyways, my point was that before the body lift the hood gave me a lot of room in there to fit the taller engine, etc. I think the bubble style shorts you room if you are going to run a DUI or HEI style dizzy.

Thanks for the compliments guys, it has been quite an adventure and I took a lot of flack for telling people I was going to paint it pink (not sure if they actually believed I would do it) but I think most have an appreciation for it even if it isnt their color (lets hope not ).

Ah yes, my mustang cobra hydroboost is sitting on my garage floor....somewhere, where the hell is it? The wife made that suggestion for the next upgrade since she's used to more modern brakes and it has the vac booster on it. Just gotta sort out the hoses, etc.
                Last edited by PDXBronco; 09-01-2007, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I have a 351W in the rig and after the brakes my next project will be EFI with an HEI Dizzy. That is why I am looking at Hoods (that and the bondo is cracking around the hood scoop).

I currently have a 2" BL and have quite a bit of clearance but I am not sure about the Dizzy, plus this give me a good excuse to change out the hood. :-)
                  Last edited by Muley270; 09-01-2007, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I love the pink EB. It wouldn't be my choice, but for my wife...definitely. It is built with class and looks great. Welcome the the site as well PDX...
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Yup Welcome PDX, guess we gonnna have to show everyone your wife on the hood.....

Comment

OOPS! such a way to promote that hood....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hahaha, hmm, I'll have to think about that one, ya know being a newbie and all Of course it may ease me in huh? I can tell you that the hood can hold 125# all day long

Comment

Haha, too late!

Dude, I love the smileys on this forum!!!

Comment

Good to see ya got a decent sense of humor as the rest of us do, we dont know what thread hijacking means here!

Comment

Working...
                              X