Tom bronco parts suspension?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom bronco parts suspension?????

I have a chance to get some Toms bronco parts long travel front 5.5" springs, shock hoops, and 11 leaf pack from a friend of mine for a good price because he has decided to part out his project. My question is are they compareable to WH and cage stuff? If not then I wont get them, but if so I might as well save a bunch of money if I can. This is the kit he originally ordered....... http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/produ...gory=39&id=773

thanks again guys
    Damn it.... not again!!!!

They are progressive front coils and 11 leaf rears(looks like), they are of the same school of design and will be fine. If you get a good deal on them I'd do it...why not? I doubt Tom would sell crappy Indian iron springs like the Pro Comp, but you never know. Call them and ask where they are made...might be a local spring with some good quality.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I called toms and this is who makes his springs http://www.bettsspring.com/. Has anyone ever had any dealings with them?

Comment

They are a very reputable company, and make many OEM springs. I know Bell Tech used to have lowering springs made by Betts. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Tom's lift, especially if it less than full price.
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Betts Springs makes products for many manufactures in the off and on road industry. My first 11 leaf packs from WH were from Betts identified by their name stamped in the side of the spring clamps.
          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Betts started in San Leandro back several decades ago. Thier patent was on those wire spring mud flaps for big trucks. I used them to design several stainless springs for scuba diving equipment in the 80's and 90's. TOP Quality stuff no doubt.
              Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
              X