F150 shortened steering arms and disc knuckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 shortened steering arms and disc knuckles

I am totally digging the finished disc conversion I did. I got the knuckles, hubs, discs and steering linkage from a 79 Bronco D44.
    The F150/ Big Bronco tie rod linkage was tight and much heavier duty than stock EB.
    I decided to use it instead of buying new. I got the front end aligned and centered to the frame. Then I measured and shortened the linkage. I had a machinist at work thread the steering arm for 1” X 18 RH and the drag link to 7/8” X 18 LH threads.
    Aligned everything and took it out last night. It ran perfectly straight and true at 70 mph!
    It is way beefier steering linkage than the EB. ZERO SHAKE and PERFECT TRACKING!!!
    Attached Files
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

NICE! That is a great upgrade. Where did you find the parts? Junk yard?
    Last edited by crawlin68; 08-21-2007, 09:48 AM.

Comment

NICE!! that looks amazingly clean!
      how much was the cost to sleeve the tie rod and drag link?
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

It's a great POOR MANS UPGRADE!!!

The knuckles, spindles, hubs, and discs were $125 from a guy parting out the 79 Bronco HP front axle. He threw in the steering linkage and drop pitman for nothing.
        The knuckles and tie rods are the bigger kind so no sleeves needed.
        I bought new ball joints, calipers, pads, flex stainless brake lines, proprtioning valve (thanks to Delta4Wheel) and seals. Everything else was in new condition including bearings and warn hubs. Discs were clean and never machined. My guess it was all new at one time.
        Its a very heavy duty and cheap upgrade.
        Knucks $125, Ball joints and seals $180, Calipers, brake lines, pads and proportioning valve $200, Lath work AKA Jimmy at work under the table G-Job $60.
        Riding straight and clean; priceless!

oh yea, I left plenty of thread in case I neede to shorten it. I know allot of threads are showing but the couplers each are almost all the way threaded in engagment.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Spaceburger; 08-21-2007, 11:51 AM.
        Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
        X