Tires and Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires and Wheels

Time to upgrade the rubber, going to 35 inch tires. I don't want to spend a ton on wheels, but mine are beat. Thinking BFG MT or Goodyear MT/R

Kinda like the hub protection my 10" wheels provide now, but I am wondering about two things:

Do you think 8" rims let you run lower pressures without bead failure;

Should I consider a 16" wheel.

Thanks,

Brian

I have 15 x 8 on mine with 33 x 12 1/2 and I ran at SOB all weel at around 8lbs and nothing happened
    Brad
    Chico, Ca.

Comment

15X8 MT Classic II 35x12.5x15 BFG's MT.. Love them.. rims through Summit Racing.. 93.00 a piece.. Tires through Costco!! Cheapest Combo around..

Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Tire Failure

OK Our MDweekend went to shit fast. After all that work our first run in the EB ended with tire failure. The 33X12.5 developed a not so slow leak in the F%&# sidewall so those tires are shit. Time to buy new. I have great Aluminum 15 X 10 rims so my question:
        What is a good 80% road 20% trail 33 X 12.5?
        BFG AT are $155 ea. at Costco.
        Costco won’t sell oversize for the EB. They will mount and balance on the rims so long as they are not on the vehicle.
        Give me some recommendations.
        Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Costco is pretty strict about selling oversized tires. They installed oversized BFG ATs on my Silverado because I told them its got a lift (its not lifted - it's stock with higher indexed torsion bar keys but that's it). They took the bait and installed them. I'd suggest asking again stating that your rig is lifted.

Worst case, load up your rims in another vehicle, get them mounted and balanced, and install them yourself... $155 sounds like a decent price to me.
          Last edited by CityHick; 09-06-2007, 02:11 PM.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Hard to beat that price. I like my MTR's for a dual purpose tire
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
              15X8 MT Classic II 35x12.5x15 BFG's MT.. Love them.. rims through Summit Racing.. 93.00 a piece.. Tires through Costco!! Cheapest Combo around..

Aaron
              PM'd you Aaron, I meant mt's not mtr's
              69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Craigslist this AM http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/416038398.html
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Emanuel, I would get one of 2 brands for your truck. I would get BFG muds, or MTR's and never look back. Stay away from Pro Comp, and other off brands. THey are all Cooper tires and are OK, but not as good as the top 2.
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I took my rims in seperate... Let them mount and balance.. took home and installed them on the rig.. OHH yeah,, Costco also has a tire warranty already included in the price..

Aaron
                    Last edited by Daddy4zack; 09-07-2007, 07:19 AM.
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Thanks Carl,
                      Guess it depends which Costco you talk to,
                      Antioch: lifted EB no problem...bring it in...3 to 5 days special order. BigO (I always wondered how they got thier name.. ) anyway Yokohamas $771 out the door. I will hit Costco on the way home.

Comment

I still have my wholesale account too. Let me know what you decide and if I can get them, I'll see what I can get them for. I can get rip snorting prices on procomps, and not bad on BFGs. Try a procomp blem...save a butt load.

Also, I have a set of 5 American Racing Atlas'. 4 are powder coated silver, and the 5th still is chrome and needs to be coated. These are pretty much new. These are $205 new from 4WP. Make me an offer and I'll hook a brudder up/
                        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Hey Carl,
                          good to hear from u. Thanks for the offer on wheels but gonna stick with the aluminums I have now. Got 2 use what I have..already blowing too much $$ this month; $1200 tires and fuel tank on the EB, $550 on the RC truck, $430 at Frys Electronics...SHIET!!! WHAT WRONG???
                          Anyway gonna do the Cosco run tonight and get them on order.
                          pm me what your weekend plans are..my kid and I my head out to visit my mom and we can blow by for a min.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                            Also, I have a set of 5 American Racing Atlas'. 4 are powder coated silver, and the 5th still is chrome and needs to be coated. These are pretty much new. These are $205 new from 4WP. Make me an offer and I'll hook a brudder up/
                            Got pix? I'll be in the market for wheels and tires before too long... May be interested in some cheap pro-comp-roblems too or BFG. Costco tonight quoted me $199 each, mounted and balanced for 35x12.5 15 BFG MT's.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

I will try to get pics of them tomorrow. I can get pro comp MT blems for about 90 bucks each if they are in stock. If you haven't seel blems they are barely cosmetic blems at worst. These atlas rims are the super beefy ones. Thow some bead locks on em and be bullet proof for sure. I know I can get BFG 35's for cheaper than 2 hundy.

Comment

Working...
                              X