Full Width Axles Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Width Axles Install

I've been wanting to upgrade to full width axles in my 68 for awhile now. I've come to the realization that I am not gonna have time to get this done on my own, so I recruited the help of a friend who owns a fab shop here in Reno. The only catch is that I need to come up with the parts. I don't have time to go and search the junk yard for parts, so I thought I would try the list. Does anyone know where I could get a full width Dana 44 housing (High Pinion & welded "C"s) and a full width 9" housing? New or used doesn't matter, I am desperate and need to have them by the end of next week. Thanks.
    Jeff Sander
    Reno, Nevada
    1968 Project Bronco
    1966 Fuel Injected Crawler

I have a hp44 and 9in. out of a 77 f-150 supercab.
    It has welded C's, thicker tubing and I think the desired machinable flattop knuckles. Only problem is I'm in San Francisco...
    I'll take $400 for the set
    70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

That's an awesome price on that set of axles. Snap those up!

Comment

no kidding. what's the gear ratio? I'm not looking to buy (since i'm broke) but my hands won't stop typing.
        Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Originally posted by jsander
          I've been wanting to upgrade to full width axles in my 68 for awhile now. I've come to the realization that I am not gonna have time to get this done on my own, so I recruited the help of a friend who owns a fab shop here in Reno. The only catch is that I need to come up with the parts. I don't have time to go and search the junk yard for parts, so I thought I would try the list. Does anyone know where I could get a full width Dana 44 housing (High Pinion & welded "C"s) and a full width 9" housing? New or used doesn't matter, I am desperate and need to have them by the end of next week. Thanks.
          I think Off Road enterprises in Stockton has a full width D44 with c mounts.

Comment

I think they are 3.55 but would probably get all new gears and carriers. They need to resealed and most likely need all new bearings. I think they are perfect for building off of, but not for a quick cheap swap.

Comment

Originally posted by bent70
              I have a hp44 and 9in. out of a 77 f-150 supercab.
              It has welded C's, thicker tubing and I think the desired machinable flattop knuckles. Only problem is I'm in San Francisco...
              I'll take $400 for the set
              This has now found its new home
              Mark Harris
              71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Did they tell you about their "San Francisco Experience" when I meet them and the next door neighbor was outside.... I thought it was hilarious?

Comment

LOL Yes. TO funny!

Now I have to go over to his house and tear these things down.
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Screaming deal on the axles
                    69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Damn, I snooze I lose ........ Definitely a good deal.
                      Jeff Sander
                      Reno, Nevada
                      1968 Project Bronco
                      1966 Fuel Injected Crawler

Comment

Working...
                      X