Manifold Vacuum with 2100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manifold Vacuum with 2100

A bit confused here. Have not paid much attention to my motor, been working on other issues to get ready for the trail. Oil pressure was good and it ran fine, so I focused on the issues that would keep me from hitting the trail first.

Put a rebuilt Motorcraft 2100 on and tried to set it up with a vacuum guage.

Getting nothing on the front drivers side port or the pass side port at idle. Zero vacuum. Some blips when I rev the throttle. Checked the timing and it was about 30 degrees advanced! I have vacuum at the PCV valve, feels about right. Didn't have the pieces needed to put a guage on that port.

Still have the EGR plate on, with the rear port blocked off. Might be a leak there, but can't see why I get what feels like plenty of vacuum at the PCV inlet but not the other ports.

Any ideas?

You were probably taking the vac of of carburator vac port not manifold vac port. You will get vac reading there when you are on the throttle but not at idle because it is used to control your spark advance on your dizzy. Take it off of the manifold and look for 12-16 or so steady inches of vac.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

That is the thing, there are only two vac ports and they are both supposed to be manifold. They are right down by the jets.

Comment

Just in case anyone has one of these, it turns out the two vacuum ports are not manifold vacuum but ported vacuum on the version I got. Trying a T off the PCV line to see how that works out, I have 22 inches of steady vacuum there.

Comment

Working...
        X