C-6 and 205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-6 and 205

I found a C-6 and a np205 the guy wants 250 for them both. Now heres the thing he said it was from a f150 that had a 351. Would it be safe to assume that its a 351w and will that c-6 bolt to a 302?
    Chris
    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

They will bolt up fine. I thought you were going to use the 435?

NOTE. THe C-6/203/205 combo is too long for the EB. You will have a really short rear driveline.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Its a good deal for a good rare tranny and t case. The tranny is for a future project.
      Last edited by FordCore; 09-01-2005, 05:09 PM.
      70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Definitely a good deal. I would have bought them...
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Make sure it isn't the 351M. That is based off of the same block as the 400M, and if I remember right, it is a different pattern.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I don't recall a M in an F150...but it is definitely a different bolt pattern. It is the same as the 390 and 460 I think...

Comment

A friend of mine had the 400M in a half ton, and a couple of my friends had the 460 in there half tons. All were 4X4's.
              Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                They will bolt up fine. I thought you were going to use the 435?

NOTE. THe C-6/203/205 combo is too long for the EB. You will have a really short rear driveline.

I've seen the C6/203/205 done and it works fine, but you correct about the short rear driveline. Really short. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly the guy took is front driveline and it bolted right up in the rear. Seems to work good, just looks funny when you see it.

Comment

Sounds like a prime time to do some reconfiguring, and move the axle back some.
                  Marc D.

Comment

Im leaveing the c-6 for a custom buggy when I have real dough to through away into just a toy. The Bronco is getting the 435/203/205 combo. I'm having a hard time finding a ford 203. I haven't gone to any pick and pulls yet, what trucks did they come in?
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
                      A friend of mine had the 400M in a half ton, and a couple of my friends had the 460 in there half tons. All were 4X4's.
                      Stock? I seriously doubt a 460 came stock in an F150... Maybe a rare special order deal...

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
                        Im leaveing the c-6 for a custom buggy when I have real dough to through away into just a toy. The Bronco is getting the 435/203/205 combo. I'm having a hard time finding a ford 203. I haven't gone to any pick and pulls yet, what trucks did they come in?
                        Chris
                        78 and 79 broncos had both the 203 and the 205's depending on certain factors that I do not know. I would assume that the same years + a few years of f150's would have the same...

Comment

Yeah, the Ford 203's are hard to find. I have no idea if it is still there or not, but a month or so ago I found a Ford 203 in a you pull yard here in Fresno. I posted a message about it here but no one wanted it at the time. I can go look for it if you want.

Comment

I found one for free but it isn't a ford and the guy doesn't know if its a chevy or a dodge. Yours is a dodge correct? Its deffinity a good price and im gonna send it out and get the low range kit installed. I'm still deciding on what to do.

Comment

Yeah, I couldn't find a Ford when I was looking for one so I bought a Dodge. You have to buy adapters anyway, so I figured it didn't really matter. The only extra step I had to make was to have the 203 shaft resplined to mate up to the Ford 205. And the shifter is on the passenger side, where the Ford 203 shifter is on the drivers side. I like the price of "FREE" though.

Comment

Working...
                              X