"New" box made specifically for assist PSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" box made specifically for assist PSC

I had not seen this...maybe its old news. Its made specifically for the 66-77 Bronco. Take a look.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/produc...roducts_id=660

Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 09-17-2007, 11:56 AM.
    Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

I was just on their site two weeks ago and I never saw it.
    Maybe I am blind...

Comment

I was on the site on Friday and didn't see it. Could have been there though.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

$580.00

This is the new 600 series gear, designed to bolt onto early model Ford Broncos. This is the ONLY steering gear on the market that is designed specifically for cylinder assist applications. This is a 100% brand new gear and features 12-7:1 ratios.

Other Requirements:

Steering Joint Coupler

Pitman Arm

Contact us for more information

Hmm, something to consider! Now what ratio would be good?

I sure am gonna love the Canadian dollar catching up to be on par with the American dollar.

Comment

ohhh mommmaaa

A
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Damn, Nice looking unit
            69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

What does "12-7:1 ratios" mean? 12 ratios and they're all 7:1?

Great looking piece. I wonder if that's a completely new casting of their own design. More likely its an off-the-shelf casting (probably the sag/delphi) that they've gussied up with that fancy valve housing. Very nice, I'll have to try and find out more about it. (By the way, we're a PSC dealer )

Dusty

Comment

Then please find out what we can get those for thru you, Dusty as well what the 12-7 ratio thing supposed to mean.

Comment

Looks like a neat box.
                  The 12-7:1 ratio means you can choose what steering ratio you want it, because PSC built the valve.
                  Dusy was making fun of it, because its in the wrong format. It should of read...
                  "Choose from any steering ratio, from 12:1 - 7:1."
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

FYI...I was on the phone today with PSC and asked about the box. I asked what was best for a rig with 42's on 1 ton axles and he said for overall strength go with the F150 4x4...coverted to 2x4 box. So I asked then what niche the new one was for. He said they built it for James Duff and WH...

"They wanted a bolt in box using the original factory holes. Personally (He said), I'd go with the F150 box if you are relocating or doing frame reinforcement...which should be done anyway on a rig of that size."

Not trying to undermine WH or Duff, but they know what buyers want (and they can sell to) and fill the market accordingly even if its not the best thing for them. In my opinion if you need hydro assist and you bolt up this new box to the frame without reinforcing the frame...the frame will begin to sandwich on you. Maybe they'll have a solution for that with a predrilled plate. In any case, why not go with the cheaper and easier to find/fix F150 box and drill some holes. Just my 2 cents. Save your money on this one and go F150. The sector shaft is beefier.

Marlon

PS...12-7:1 That is a very high range???? I'd rather have 4:1...
                    Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 09-18-2007, 10:15 AM.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Yeah even the lowest range of that ratio, 7:1, is still pretty high. We looked at the pics and we're pretty sure its the sag/Delphi box. Its interesting that the two photos they show of it have the box turned to an angle that its kind of hard to ID it. That's a much weaker box than the F150 4X4, F100 2WD, or EB PS boxes. But offloading some of the stress to the steering ram probably makes using this box with larger tires safer than a similar non-ram box. Still, for most of us who aren't afraid of a little fab the 4X4X2 box is a much tougher box. And we've got a solution for those of you who don't want to drill or fab, with our adapter plate. It gotta say that machined billet aluminum stuff sure does look cool though.

Dusty

Comment

Agreed.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Dusty how about Duff stlye sector shaft girdle for the f150 box? Maybe even make an upper girdle so that it becomes a 4 bolt mounted box?

Comment

This has been an interesting thread with some good information. So Marlon, what's the status of your axle swap project? Have you gotten to 'wheel it in this configuration or are you still trying to make it all work - linkages, steering, etc? I'd love to see some pix of this new setup at work.

As for your old D44... its doing a fine job of supporting my massive 28" tires. My project is moving right along but I've still got a ways to go.

I'm currently mulling over many different options for steering, this thread came up at a good time for me.

Tony
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Its done. Been done since late February. Don't have project build pics though. I went stupid simple. Welded on some axle wedges to the front 60 and i am using the long arms I had. Put a 14 bolt in the back...using the 5.5 WH springs. Bought some H1 rims and some 39.5 Iroks and that's about it. Well... 5.13's ARB and Detroit Front/Rear respectively. Not much more to tell beyond that. I am using the stock ford knuckles but not using high steer arms. Did a tierod flip. Bounced up soup bowl two weeks ago without stopping. Couple weeks before that it took a few more tries. I love the IROKs in the snow. Point and go... I'm itchn for cooler weather.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Working...
                              X