E-brake cable removal from backing plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-brake cable removal from backing plate

It is always the little things that get me. Any tricks to getting the cable out? Trying to get the the BB housing in.

Can't seem to bend the retaining tabs in far enough.

I used a grinding wheel and cut them.. or was it a big set of wire cutters?? I have a set of extended brake cables on my shelf I was going to put on but never got around to it. How many people run e brakes anymore??

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
      I used a grinding wheel and cut them.. or was it a big set of wire cutters?? I have a set of extended brake cables on my shelf I was going to put on but never got around to it. How many people run e brakes anymore??

Aaron

If you ever want to attend a organized function or 4-wheel drive club run a working e-brake is usually required.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Looks like a new set of cables are in my future

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
          If you ever want to attend a organized function or 4-wheel drive club run a working e-brake is usually required.

Really?? I had no idea.. ok I guess I'll get that on the list to do..

Aaron
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

http://www.cal4wheel.com/sierratrek/...errarules.html

For example. Sierra trek rules say ebrake or micro-lock.

Comment

Any combo of susp/body lift will usually need extended cables anyway. needle nose pliers and a lot of patience to get old ones out. No patience=large wire cutters!

Pops
              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I'll be needing an e brake on the trans output as my rear disc conversion has no parking brake set up. Ideas?
                Tony
                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Tony,

What rear discs are you using? A Micro Lock (or is it Mico lock?) might be the easiest way to go. It's a electric solinoid that traps the brake pressure in the line, once you step on the pedal, you flip the switch, and the brakes stay on till you turn the lock back off. Used alot on forklifts.

Galen
                  Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                  I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Thought about that. The brake kit I used is from Stainless. Bought it a bout 5 or so years ago. GM parts.
                    Ideas on micro lock suppliers? Cost?
                    Last edited by blwngsket; 09-22-2007, 09:20 PM.
                    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Any worries on battery dain? Just a question.. Or how does it work?

A
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

A 9/16 box end wrench over the cable works to remove it.
                        75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Thanks Gremlin, I'll try that. In the meantime I just disconnected everything in the middle.

By the way, Mico lock is a brand name, try looking at Summitracing.com for line locks

Comment

I had a manual lever to hold the line pressure. Step on the brake and flip the lever. To release just flip it back, no electrical worries.
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Working...
                            X