Quick 5.0 Q's re:id'ing one I'm looking at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick 5.0 Q's re:id'ing one I'm looking at

Looked at a 88 5.0 HO. Has the MAF on the 'HO' intake which is pointed to the pass side. Has 'raised' stampings on the valve covers but still steel. Was told it was a CA Mustang w/93k on it (Dads car before son wrapped it) Has C8***** on the stickers on the valve covers. Forgot to take pics

Short of checking the dist firing order, what else can help me or is this enough?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Broncrick; 09-23-2005, 05:21 AM.
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

There should be numbers starting with E8_ _ _. E being 1980's, 8 being 1988. They may have used the same numbers over a period of years though. The C8 number makes me think it's a 1968. If you give me your email address I will send you what info I have on ford motors.
    Last edited by kwspony; 09-23-2005, 06:36 AM.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Look at the EEC computer and get the 3 or 4 digit code off of it. I got my 5.0 out of an 88 Mustang that was a CA Mustang with MAF. The computer code is 8LD. Also look at the injectors. They should be orange, not grey. Good luck!

Comment

Injectors look grey IIRC, 8ld sounds right

Karl, Broncrick@4x4Wire.com
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

No, it will have 19 lb injectors...
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
            No, it will have 19 lb injectors...
            Meaning the orange ones right? have a HO upper/lower/rails with orage ones here already. Guess this is just a 5.0 then with a HO intake badge. I'll get it cheaper then, dont really need an HO, just want one...

MAF on the HO's is 70 mm right? 65mm on the 5.0's...
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
            X