who's runnin' what tierod/draglink setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's runnin' what tierod/draglink setup

I thinks it's time to improve my steering setup. I want to go TRO. I don't know if it will work with my f-100 2x4 steering box but I may try it anyway. Stonecrusher is the least exspensive but uses hiems. I have been thinking about the chebby 1 ton set too. What are you all using?
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

I'm using the Stone Crusher tie rod, drag link and trac bar. I like it so far. (but the EB hasn't left my garage yet)

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony
      I thinks it's time to improve my steering setup. I want to go TRO. I don't know if it will work with my f-100 2x4 steering box but I may try it anyway. Stonecrusher is the least exspensive but uses hiems. I have been thinking about the chebby 1 ton set too. What are you all using?

Let me know what you decide to do.. The way mine looks is that my f-150 box is too long for a TRO set up.
      Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I built my own with the help of www.chassisshop.com

Tubing, rod ends, and rod end adapters. If you know the length thy can weld it for you. I can;t remember what I spent...It has been a long time. We did this before it was available on the market...1997 I think.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I run the stock stuff. A scout steering box and a costum 1.5" ram assist. It works so far and I run 37's

Comment

I have the Rockproof and have no complaints.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have Rockproof also. I'ts a nice setup even though I bent mine on the first trip out with it on the Rubicon.
              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler
                I have Rockproof also. I'ts a nice setup even though I bent mine on the first trip out with it on the Rubicon.
                Wow...I'd like to see some pics of that.

You do know that 65mph on the Rubicon is not recommended.

Comment

I run chevy one ton wiyj dom tube. it was easy and strong
                  70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

I'm running the Chevy ends, and DOM tubing under knuckle since I have the same box as you. I have rock rash on the DOM from a trip to Moab, but it is still straight. I love the stuff. It cost me 200.00 for everything.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I was running 1.25" sch. 80 pipe with 3/4 x 5/8 xml heims and a 1 ton ford tie rod end on the stock pitman arm.
                      Here's darins bent tie rod and a glimps of mine.
                      Attached Files
                      70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Hey MikeC, what kind of steering box you running?

Marc, since you have almost the same setup as me and I know yours flex's more, how much room do you have between the linkage? If you did go TRO how bad will it bind?
                        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

One thing different on mine than most, is that I'm running a Dodge pitman arm. It is really short, so it wont actually come in contact with the tie rod. The main reason I didn't go over was that I was lazy and didn't want to rebuild my track bar mount right then.
                          Marc D.

Comment

what kind of dodge is it off of? How much "power" did you loose with a shorter pitman arm. PM me your phone number. We need to get together and talk carbs and stuff. I will call you this week.

Karl

Comment

I actually don't know what dodge it came off of. A friend of mine found it in a wrecking yard by comparing it to the drop pitman arm I used to have. I did lose some power with the shorter arm, but I still can turn my 15X35X15 Swampers, and 35X12.50 A/T's. I'm sure if I had a bigger steering wheel, 13", it wouldn't be as bad.
                              Marc D.

Comment

Working...
                              X