No announcement yet.

who's runnin' what tierod/draglink setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm running the Rockstomper DOM over setup w/Chebbie 1 ton ends and a 150 box, stock pitman
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I am running a 76 ps box (with quick ratio internals) and 1 3/4" ram assist. 79 Bronco pitman arm, high steer arms on the 60 with the tre's mounted on the bottom and 1.25" DOM tie riod and drag links. Works great, just got back from the con and will be hot rodding the ps pump alittle more before next summer.
      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Hey Rick, is yours a 2x4 steering box? I am leaning towards the chevy tre's and better tubing but may haveto stay under the knuckles.
        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Karl, I'm not too sure (but have two more here if you need one) but its 3.5 turns lock to lock, nice street/trail mix. Why stay under the knuckles? just ream them out
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

my steering box mounts inside the frame. the pitman arm would hit the tie rod under compression. Is your box inside or outside the frame?
            1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Hey Karl. I have the inside the rail box and have tie rod over as well. The tie rod and drag link actually cross over a bit when fully compressed but do not hit...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Inside Karl
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

that settles it then. I will be going TRO, Now to decide on a setup. I guess I will have to raise the track bar at the axle and get rid of the drop bracket too. Then it's on to the rockers.

Comment

I still use a drop bracket to keep them in the same plane. No dampner and no bumpsteer/death wobble
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                    X