NP435 to 203 to D20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP435 to 203 to D20

I have a chance to pick up a NP435 Cheep But it is a 4 wheel drive one will it work for a 203 to Dana 20 Crawler? or will only the 2 wheel drive one work. I have an NP435 in my bronco now but was thinking if the 4 wheel drive one would work put it all together then sell my NP435 and Dana 20 adapter. all input well come

Brian
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Seems to me the main differences in NP435s is the output shaft length and spline count, and the tailhousing's bolt pattern. I believe when you do a doubler you need a custom output shaft so its probably a good tranny to start with.

If I knew then what I know now I'd have gone with a ZF tranny and STaK case... Overdrive and low gears... best of both worlds! that configuration is on my "future mod" list.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Most of the common adapters are the square bolt pattern that is on the 2WD version. The 4WD version (which is what I have) used a trapezoid or "A" shaped bolt pattern. You can use it, you'll just need to have a custom adapter made. I got mine from Jeds Machining in WI.

Comment

The NP435 should bolt directly to a Ford NP203, then you just need a NP 203 to D20 adapter. This will be much longer than the typical WH adapters install, I don't know if it would fit in a EB or not. If you know the overall length of the NP435 with the 4wd intermediate housing I could tell you whether it would work or not.
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

The length is why you need to use an adapter and shorten the output shaft of the 435. To make it shorter.

Comment

I have a Dodge 203 price was right $25.00

Originally posted by highlander View Post
            The NP435 should bolt directly to a Ford NP203, .
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
            X