Going Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Hydro

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I posted been busy with work and family. It's good to see the board going strong. With winter approaching I am starting to slow down a little bit at work. Now its time to get back to work on the Bronco. I am wanting to upgrade my steering and brakes to hydro assist. Due to the limited amount of garage time I get these days, I'm having to shop online for my parts. I know I could do some of this cheaper by shopping at the junk yard but I would rather pay a little extra and get the complete kit on the first try.

This is what I found so far (these are estimates as I am going from memory and typing this on my iPhone)

Hydroboost kit from WH. $800.00
    HD Pump w/pulley. $400.00
    West Texas Off Road
    Stage 2 Hyd Ram Kit. $600.00
    Misc stuff I can't remember. $200.00

The big killer is the hydroboost kit from WH, anybody got any cheaper options before I pull the trigger on this order?
    Jeff Sander
    Reno, Nevada
    1968 Project Bronco
    1966 Fuel Injected Crawler

if you have a carb and a little body lift (not too sure how much) you can bolt the ford superduty f250 hydroboost unit to the firewall. Then with 2 summit racing adapters, you can have some aeroquip hoses made for 45 each and be set. You may need to have Vanco high flow modify your hydro unit for it to handle the flow og the added power assist ram. I am not the one to pick about all of this. Steve highlander, Pat Crawlin68 and others have a ton more experience.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Call Power brake sales in Sacramento, ask for Sandy. He is really good with all that is brake systems. Also, 80's GM cars like the Regal and diesel powered sedans used a hydro boost unit. Not sure of the combatabilty but may be worth a look if your out at PnP.
      Last edited by SonicDonkey; 11-08-2007, 08:35 PM.
      1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Working...
      X