Howell Fuel Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howell Fuel Injection

Anyone running Howell Fuel injection? I have a 302 bored .60, WH titanium headers, mild RV cam. Currently have a holley TA off road 670 on edelbrock intake.

Looking for pros and cons

Thanks

I had a Howell set up on my 77 Landcruiser, with 350 and 700R.
    Easy hook up, easy to find parts, great Tech support, sent my computer back to them to be reflashed. Very simple.
    Guy I worked with did the conversion on his CJ with 258 inline 6, thing ran like a champ after the conversion. No more cold start problems. Simple install and great Tech support on that one too.

I would use them again...

Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I installed the Howell fuel injection on my girlfriend's YJ. Started well and ran great. Also installed a Davis Unified Igintion, and gapped the plugs to .060 (really, .060, it was crazy). The whole system worked great together and made a big difference in power. Nothing bad to say about it.

G
      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Howell TBI

Done some more research, and that seems to be the consensus. Haven't found anything bad, and people love their customer service. A bit more than looking for original Ford fuel injection, but sounds like the ease of install may be worth it. Thanks again.

Comment

We've sold and/or installed a couple dozen Howell EFI's at WCB (we're a Howell dealer) and we love them. I also love Ford MAF/SFI but if you're not interested in taking it on as a new hobby, Howell is the quickest, easiest way to EFI. And the price really isn't that bad either, especially when you factor in your time.

Dusty

Comment

I love the fact that it uses a stock GM CPU. If you have an issue, you can get one easilly, or get one as a spare from a pick and pull...test it before you rely on it of course...
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

This sounds like a quick and dirty way to get EFI... I had GM TBI on my Blazer and it ran like a champ all the time, no matter where I took it. It doesn't look as cool as a Ford EFI setup but it may be the easiest way for me to do this conversion, and with the positive comments I've read about it here and elsewhere it may be what I end up with after running my QJet for a while.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

I love the fact that it uses a stock GM CPU. If you have an issue, you can get one easilly, or get one as a spare from a pick and pull...test it before you rely on it of course...
                Don't ask me how I know this, but you can get one at any Kragen for $95 on Sunday afternoon, if you're ever in a pinch (it's for a 88 C1500 V6).
                Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

A lot of the EFI noobs find comfort in the fact that you can carry a spare carburator and swap it on in place of the throttle body if you need to in a pinch (carry a low pressure fuel pump too). I don't necessarily agree with that strategy, as you can just as easily carry spares for any part of the EFI system. But like I said it gives comfort to some of the long-time die hard carb guys who are intimidated by the black magic of EFI.

Dusty

Comment

Working...
                  X