Electric speedo or mechanical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric speedo or mechanical?

i am redoing my dash with auto meter gauges, what is better to use for the speedo, i just ordered my RJM efi harness so i dont know if elecltric or mechanical is needed since tehre will be a VSS on the t-case.
    EFI 5.0, NP 435, 5.5 WH lift, Duff Arms, HP 44 front, 37" MTR's

I am running the Autometer mechanical speedo with a VSS on the t-case. The VSS goes into the t-case and the speedo cable screws into the VSS. Works great!

Comment

Ok great, thats what i needed to know.

Comment

I did have to go to my local cable place and have them make me a new speedo cable, but I think that was because the stock speedo cable was too short because of my doubler t-case set up. I just took the VSS with me and told them that it needs to screw into this. And they fixed me up.

Comment

Vss for a Dana 20 or STAK

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
          I am running the Autometer mechanical speedo with a VSS on the t-case. The VSS goes into the t-case and the speedo cable screws into the VSS. Works great!
          What VSSare you using? or does it matter. I am thinking about the W/H one that way if I later I go to a STAK 3 Speed It would work.
          All options Appreciated for I could be all wrong

Brian
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Here is a pic of my dash, still alot of work to do yet...more gauges coming from summit.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
              What VSSare you using? or does it matter. I am thinking about the W/H one that way if I later I go to a STAK 3 Speed It would work.
              All options Appreciated for I could be all wrong

Brian
              Mine is from a 89-93 Mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by Chips67 View Post
                Here is a pic of my dash, still alot of work to do yet...more gauges coming from summit.
                I like it! Nice and clean looking. Did you build the overlay or buy it pre-made form a vendor?

Comment

Working...
                X