Need help with Windshield Wipers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Windshield Wipers?

I just installed the spray nozzles and tubing to finally get water up to the windshield (the previous owner put a fiberglass hood on it but never installed the nozzles).

I'm pretty happy with the way they spray. But take a look at the picture below. How do I get my wiper arms to go all the way to the top of the windshield? They stop short about 3 inches. I looked at 'em but can't figure out how to take them off and re-attach at a slightly higher angle?

I'm 6'2 so when I sit in the truck I look right at them. It would be great to get them all the way to the top of the window frame.

Appreciate any tips on how to get this done. Can it be done from the outside? or do I have to disassemble from the whole set up from the inside.

thanks

Steve
    Attached Files
    74 Bronco - 6cyl, 3spd manual, 4.56's, 3.5" Cage Lift, 33's, sillyfab extended radius arms & tie rod over knuckle conversion, power brake booster, front discs, ps, procar elite front seats, WH Family Cage, 3 gas tanks, custom front and rear bumpers, softop

I think I just took mine off the splined shaft and put them back on where I wanted them. They were kind of a pain to get off but easy once you figure it out. I am 6'4" and I dont even see em anymore.

HTH,
    Mark
    71 Bronco
    EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
    Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

There should be a little tab at or near the SHAFT. If not the spring that keeps the pressure between the blade and the windshield could be what keeps the arm on the shaft. In that case it may just slide off once the arm is straightened and the pressure between the blade and glass is removed.
      That's how my old ones worked, straighten the arm and slide it off. Be careful.
      OT
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Ha Ha.. You want windshield wipers on a bronco to work???? Those look pretty good the way they are. I also took mine off and reattached them.. But they never end up the way they started.. So during the summer I climb up and pull them to the top of the windshield to stay for the summer.. I am 6'3" and have to duck to see out of the top of the glass. It would be awesome to install a Stainless Steel windshield frame with the wipers on the bottom...

Aaron
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

If you bend them back to the point youthink they are going to break off they slide right off. I broke the blade off my leatherman and a buddies leatherman before I figured that out.
          Brad
          Chico, Ca.

Comment

thanks guys. I'll give it a try and report back.
            74 Bronco - 6cyl, 3spd manual, 4.56's, 3.5" Cage Lift, 33's, sillyfab extended radius arms & tie rod over knuckle conversion, power brake booster, front discs, ps, procar elite front seats, WH Family Cage, 3 gas tanks, custom front and rear bumpers, softop

Comment

got it

thx for the suggestions. pulled that little spring back and just pulled hard (used an open end wrench to get around the wiper spindle and under the arm...and for a little leverage). here's how they look now.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice
                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Perfect.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                  X