Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Bronco's eif throttle cable question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Bronco's eif throttle cable question.

So i bought the BC Bronco's efi throttle cable because it says direct fit with no modifications, well i am trying to install it and it looks like i have to grind the ball end off my stock pedal and it also looks like i am going to have to trim quite a bit of cable off to make it fit properly.
    Have any of you installed this cable before? because no where in the directions does it say to grind off the ball end of my pedal or to trim any excess cable....direct fit my ass lol.
    EFI 5.0, NP 435, 5.5 WH lift, Duff Arms, HP 44 front, 37" MTR's

wow, was looking at my cable closely and they assembled the cable backwards as well, had to take it apart and put it together correctly.

Comment

Mine went right on. didn't have to grind off the ball, just trim the excess cable off at the throtle body end. I did extend the gas pedals arm upwards about 2" to give the pedal a better feel.
      Tony
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I've installed 2 of them and on both of them I had to notch the bracket that bolts to the throttle body to make it fit. I also had to drill a new hole through that same bracket for the cable to go through because the hole provided was out of line of where the cable should go to the throttle arm. I bent my pedal upwards as well to give it a better feel and I also installed an additional return spring because the one provided didnt seem to work too well.

Comment

I always add in an extra return spring, albeit a very light one. When I let off the gas I darn well expect the engine to rev down!

Gotta look into the pedel lever bending myself, doesnt look like much play between it and the floorboard.

Comment

here is a pic of my throttle pedal end and a pic of my efi cable end, it looks like i have to cut off the ball end on the pedal.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you can just grind the backside of the ball and punch it out then the bolt that holds the new cable will just pass through that hole.
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

ya thats what i was assuming, but the instructions just say run the cable thru the fire wall, it tells you how to use shims for that but says nothing about hooking it up to the pedal, just wasnt sure if i might be missing another part since it is advertised as "no modification" to ed pedal.

Comment

that ball looks like it should pop out Just like the first one ( pic )

Brian
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Remove the ball that is in the cable now and snap the cable onto your pedal cable ball.
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                      that ball looks like it should pop out Just like the first one ( pic )

Brian
                      Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                      Remove the ball that is in the cable now and snap the cable onto your pedal cable ball.
                      Delta said it better

Brian
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

i e-mailed chuck at BC and he said to pop the ball out of the cable end and install the cable on the bronco pedal, no need to grind, so free beer to those who answered correctly, you just have to come by to get it hehe, Kegerator in the kitchen with 27 degree fosters in it. 15.5 gallons of liquid heaven.

Comment

Not a huge fan of Fosters, but a am a huge fan of FREE!

(Sierra Nevada guy here)
                          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Goes to show you how good my memory is. Just looked at mine and that's exactly the way I did it as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X