Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What rear Quarter panel protectors to run??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What rear Quarter panel protectors to run??

Crawlin68 what panels are you running? BC??
    Anybody have any sugestions?
    The W/H and Duffs are around 139.00 B.C's are 300.00..

Any others?? Any better than another?
    Anybody have an extra set?
    Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
    Crawlin68 what panels are you running? BC??
    Anybody have any sugestions?
    The W/H and Duffs are around 139.00 B.C's are 300.00..

Any others?? Any better than another?
    Anybody have an extra set?
    Aaron

Yeah mine are the ones from BC's. They fit very nice. All you need to do is cut the bottom to match your fender cut out and bolt em on. They are VERY heavy duty! 1/4 steel. I am very happy with them. I don't know much about the other brands. I THINK that BC's are the only ones that rap around the rear tail light and go all the way to the tailgate.

Comment

Crawlin is correct, BC's are the onlt one that wrap around to the tail gate. That's why they are more expensive then the WH or Duff 1/4s.Mine haven't mounted so easy, cutting around the wheel well and the bottom of panel was expected but having to trim around the tailgate area wasn't, but thats how custom jobs go. I would use them again!!!
      Chris
      70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

BC's, real steel!
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I am also running BC's 1/4 panel protectors. I believe they are 3/16" though and not 1/4".

Comment

Aaron, I may know someone with a set. I will email him and find out. He's in San Jose.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Howdy
              I am also running BC's 1/4 panel protectors. I believe they are 3/16" though and not 1/4".
              Steve,

What did you do to use those with hard top? I remember seeing them, but I was like a kid in a candy store, and didn't notice how you made them fit.

Galen
              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Galen,

The fit sucks with the hard top. I understand some guys that want to still run their hard top cut the guards around the hard top so the top still sits flush with the body. I didn't do that so I could still have mine wrap over the top of the tub. I used some foam tape on the sides to help seal it up, but the gap was the biggest around the tail gate. I used two 1/2" pieces of foam tape to try and close the gap. The problem really isn't the water getting in, but the fumes from the exhaust when you crack your front windows for some air.

Next year when I put the top back on after summer, I will do a better job of sealing it up now that I know the problems. If that doesn't seem to help I might cut the guards so the top fits better.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X