It's Alive!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Alive!!

I fired up my 5.0 efi conversion for the first time, it idles smooth runs fine, the only thing is, is that im getting one hard code #22 Map Sensor out of range, it is a new sensor but its for a 86 speed density motor so im thinking thats the problem, i started going speed density, then switched to Mass air, im going to call napa and see if the 86 and 89-93 map sensors are 2 different part numbers.
    EFI 5.0, NP 435, 5.5 WH lift, Duff Arms, HP 44 front, 37" MTR's

Well i think i figured it out, 86-88 ford used a MAP sensor, 89-93 they used a Barametric pressure sensor BP, they both have same plug and the port for vacum, but they are 2 different part numbers. so im sure they put put different readings to the computer.

Nothing like posting in Tech forum to talk to myself and figure things out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chips67 View Post
      Nothing like posting in Tech forum to talk to myself and figure things out lol.
      Yes, but you figured it out for yourself so you are on your way to being an EFI "Teknitian". Congrads on getting her running... You should start a thread on Project Broncos...

Doug
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Congrats! It's all a pipe dream for me!
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Good Job

Dam that was fast, what you got the Hareness on Mon. And done today Glad it all went well for you.It looks like the instruction are not bad. So when I ready to do mine I will buy and food so you can come and help. An EFI Tecnician is nice to have around

Brian
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Yahoo!!!!

I believe the sensors are actually the same. If you are running a SD set up you run a manifold vacuum line to the sensor. If you are running a MAF set up, you plug that vacuum port on the sensor. The part # that is for the 89-93 Mustang comes with that port plugged already.

Congratulations on getting her running!! Have you driven it yet?
            Last edited by crawlin68; 02-15-2008, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
              Have you driven it yet?
              Probably won,t hear from him, to busy driven it around with an ear to ear smile

Brian
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                Yahoo!!!!

I believe the sensors are actually the same. If you are running a SD set up you run a manifold vacuum line to the sensor. If you are running a MAF set up, you plug that vacuum port on the sensor. The part # that is for the 89-93 Mustang comes with that port plugged already.

Congratulations on getting her running!! Have you driven it yet?
                Your almost right, the parts are interchangeable, but don't plug the port on the sensor, it needs to be open to the air to measure the barometric pressure. The BPS's for MAF have a cap over them but it doesn't seal it off, it just keeps large stuff from plugging it.
                69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Sweet Chip! When do you wanna hit Carnagie to test out the rigs??
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                    Sweet Chip! When do you wanna hit Carnagie to test out the rigs??
                    can i be a third wheel and join?
                    {o===o}
                    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                    Originally posted by CityHick
                    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

And CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      {o===o}
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

i have not driven it yet, i need to mount the computer in its final permanent spot, finish the throttle cable, adjust the new clutch, and now i went and stepped on the brake pedal and have a brake line leaking lol..figures.

Comment

The code 22 problem i was having was simple, i had a vacuum line going to the BP sensor, you dont need it for mass air, so now i have an extra sensor for the trail parts box.
                          The engine runs perfect, super smooth idle, quick response, and no codes on the computer now, hopefully it will run the same on the street. Sure does run good in the driveway though.

Comment

Wow,

You don't mess around, that was quick! Get those brakes fixed, and give us the test drive report. Glad to hear is was trouble free, I hope my EFI install is 1/4 that smooth.

Galen
                            Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                            I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Man it drives so nice, great throttle response and smooth hard acceleration drives so much better than my stock 289. ill be finding reasons to drive to the store now and go on errands.

Comment

Working...
                              X