anybody using wild horse leaf springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody using wild horse leaf springs

Hey guys, Just wondering if anybody is using these and how well they work? TIA
    Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

I use the 3.5" (11leaf?) lift springs with a shackle flip. They work very well..

Comment

I'm running their 5.5 leaf 11 pack. So far so good.

Comment

I'm running 3.5, 11 leafs my Sons got 5.5, 11 leaf and my Son in laws is 3.5, 11 leaf. Only problem we've had is my Sons center bolt snaped and lost the axel wedge, all flex ok. When I got mine 6 or 7 years ago I heard that they were a National spring that WH was selling, don't know for sure.

Comment

Same as Ace, 6 year old 3.5" 11 leaf pack made by National, love them!
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I am in the market for new springs too. I talked to Wild Horses and they told me they get their springs from Betts now. I am not sure what set I will buy yet. I was thinking about Deavers from BC's.
            1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Well, Hell! I just ordered the 3.5 springs with the super duty ubolt kit.
              1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Who'ed you buy them from?
                I've heard deaver springs are top of the line. Did'nt know about them when I got WHs

Comment

Next time around will be Deavers from BC.

Havent decided 3.5 or 5.5. depends what kinda deal i can get for shackle flip kits.

Comment

springs are like buying a matress. everyone has an oppinion of why theirs is the best. but it all is about what type of ride you want. some are stiffer and some are soft and effect the steering. i now run BC in the front and national in the rear. the BC are stiffer than the WH springs I had before.
                    70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

I have the 3.5 W/H from mtnbronco. I love them.. I did the same and went with BC's up front and Nationals in the rear.. I Used a Grade 8 bolt and rounded the Nut end for my center pin.. I also upgraded to the larger U bolts..

Aaron
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I ordered from Wild Horses. I thought about the BC springs but decided to go with what WH has.

Comment

I have the WH 5.5" 13 leaf and have no issues whatsoever. If you do Jim will back them...
                          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I talked to a guy who broke a couple of leaves in his WH pack, although they did replace them and I guess that could happen to any spring. Anyway, I just ordered the 5.5'' from Cage offroad. I'll let ya know how it turns out!
                            Last edited by silverhorse; 01-18-2006, 05:24 PM.
                            Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

Just changed to a new set of 5.5" WH leafs. This really jack up the ass end from where it was. They seem to flex very well. Ride is a bit stiffer but they are brand new.

Comment

Working...
                              X