My new P/S box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new P/S box

I won THIS today on ebay. 2002 to 2005 Nissan Exterra 4x4 P/S box. I was going to do the 4x4x2 box, but (I think) this was a pretty good deal. Shipping was less than $60.

Galen
    Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

hmm nice price.. what are you going to do for a pitman arm?
    70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

I haven't figured that out yet, but this is the same box that Tom's and Duff's sell in they're conversion kits, so I'm sure it won't be too tricky. I think it's 3.1: or 2.7:1 lock to lock. I've heard some say that a ford pitman arm will fit. My other options are:

Use a Nissan pitman arm.
      Graft a Nissan pitman arm and a Ford pitman arm together.
      Re-spline the sector shaft to accept a ford pitman arm.

I'll have to see if a Ford arm fits when it get here.

Galen

Comment

Nice, keep us updated on the install, alot cheaper then the ford boxs.

Comment

The seller shipped it, and it should be here by the end of this week, or begining of next week. I'll update when it gets here, or if I learn more about the pitman arm.

Galen

Comment

Look what the Fed-Ex man dropped off this afternoon. It looks like it's never been installed, and the plastic plugs are still in the ports. Minor surface rust, but nothing I'm afraid of. The word Delphi is cast on the back along with a few part numbers. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to see if one of my pitman arms fit the splines.

Galen
            Attached Files

Comment

Cool, so was it rebuilt recently or is brand new? Does this box turn the right way or opposite?

Comment

It's brand new, and turns the right way. I meant to try a pitman arm on it today, but was too busy working on my "barn remodel". Member "SixtySick" on ClassicBronco's says he fit his Cage lift pitman arm (ford) on a box just like this one (not perfect, but he say's he's gonna run it). So I need to find a pitman arm (I have an 2wd F-150 box I could pull the arm off to test with) and see how far it fits on the splines. I think this is the same box Tom's and Duff's sell in their "Ultimate" kits. As far as I can tell it's never been mounted on any thing. It's just a little rusty, but nothing a wire brush won't knock off. I can turn it with my fingers, amd it feels real smooth.

Galen
                Last edited by 720Racer; 01-22-2006, 09:35 PM.

Comment

hey that steering box looks just like the new boxes on the top as the new chevy saginaw steering boxes so i imagine a ford pitman arm should fit.

Comment

Hell of a deal, Keep us posted on the pitman arm. Looking forward to see how it works out for you. Jim
                    69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Working...
                    X