doubler requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doubler requirements

hey guys great site. my question is this , i currently have a np435 out of a two wheel drive mated to my d20 t case. im looking to switch to a 435/203/205 setup this winter during my total rebuild. the 435 has the square bolt pattern on the back where the adapter bolts on , do i need a four wheel drive trans with the triangle bolt pattern for adapter and can my output shaft be resplined for the doubler setup or does that also have to be out of a 4x4trans? thanks

2wd trans; resplined to 23 spline, WH adapter, Dodge 203 box, Jeds 203-205 adapter.

Or

2wd trans, dodge output shaft splined to 31, Jeds or other adapter, 203 box with the 31 spline input gear, Jeds or other adapter to the 205.

Or.
    2wd trans, new output shaft from WH, WH adapter to the dodge 203, Jeds or other to the 205

Or. 2wd trans, WMS output shaft, WMS adapter, 203, WMS to 205.

Check out this thread.

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310

Welcome to the site!!
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

hey thanks alot for the welcome and for the great info , i just wasnt sure about the square bolt pattern 435 as most pics ive seen show the triangle bolt pattern, but thats great since i just rebuilt my trans. i actualy think i spoke to you over on pirat board about getting the WH setup a little while back. any way thanks and ill be sticking around ill start a build thread as soon as i have enough to show.

Comment

i see everyone uses either the dodge or ford 203 box but does anyone know if it is posible to use a 203 box out of a chevy with a turbo 350 trans? thanks, john

Comment

yea the tb350 np203 is easy to mod. there are links on the web for this mod
          70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Working...
          X