• Show
Clear All

• Hedman, Hooker, or Toms?!?

Somebody please help me out....
    Details:
    73 Ford Bronco
    C4
    302 EFI
    RJM Harness (It says Shorty headers are better but will work with long tube)

Which would fit my application best? I am looking for a header under $200. I dont want to have to buy a new starter.

http://www.hedman.com/products/?id=3538&rsku=4848

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/produ...egory=32&id=53

Please Help!

Thanks,
    Joe

Here is one more option- Shorty headers:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Comment

First question... are you running extended radius arms? Lots of folks say they have interference problems with long tubes and extended arms.
      I like shortys for their compact design and thus compact space requirement. EBs are a little short on engine bay space...

Oh yeah... welcome aboard! Post a pic or two for us!!
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Joe,

I would say if you can, save your money and get the WH shorty headers with the 02 bungs. They are well worth the money. It was a hard choice for me to when I did my 5.0 swap but I am extremely satisfied with them and my choice.

With Long tubes you also might run into clearance issues.

Just my .02

Kyle
        Last edited by NorcalKD; 08-19-2008, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, and quick responses.

Some more details:
          I plan to run a 5.5" lift W/ "LARS" (made by myself) long arms.

I wanted to put the EFI motor in 1st and get everything running. Then I was planning on lifting it, and fixing up the body.

Should I lift it before I have someone bend up my exhaust?

This is my first EB. Fortunately my best freind works for a body shop, and is very mechanically inclined.

Comment

I've been working on my rig for ~2 years. I'm leaving the exhaust project nearly to the end just so that I know nothing I add will interfere with it. I have heard good things about the BCBroncos flangeless headers as well.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

I am running the Hookers in the link. Only issue I had was having to cut the flange on the drivers side header and turning it alittle to clear the frame. I run a 351w so you may not have that problem.
              1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Welcome again and post up some pictures too.

It is not necessarily the bending of your exhaust that will cause the interferance, it is the type of headers you choose. Long tube headers typically cause interferance issues.

As for what you do first or second. It really depends on what you really want to do with your bronco. How indepth you plan on going.

Kyle

Comment

headers

stella43,I have a set of the hooker competition headers that I broke a 351 in on a engine stand if your interested,I will try to get some pics up .give me a PM thanks,Dave
                  73 bronco 351,nv4500,stk3spd,4.88,hp60f&r,detroit,arb,o/b air,welder,etc.
                  77,351 mass air efi ,nv4500 atlas 3.8 4.88,detroit31 spline,arb44 o/b air5.5 lift etc.
                  70 4.5 lift 351 c-4 d20 big bearing in progress.

Comment

Headers

Here are some pics.
                    Attached Files
                    73 bronco 351,nv4500,stk3spd,4.88,hp60f&r,detroit,arb,o/b air,welder,etc.
                    77,351 mass air efi ,nv4500 atlas 3.8 4.88,detroit31 spline,arb44 o/b air5.5 lift etc.
                    70 4.5 lift 351 c-4 d20 big bearing in progress.

Comment

I tried the Hedman heders before I got the Hookers. I also run a NP435 tranny. The hedmans did not drop down far enough to clear the clutch linkage. The Hookers go over the linkage. I am not sure where the auto linkage goes in compared to the clutch linkage.
                      1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by twister01 View Post
                        Here are some pics.
                        Same ones I'm using, Cage arms 3.5 S lift 2" body, no issues

And welcome!
                        Rick-
                        68 Slightly modified
                        67 LUBR once again
                        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                        X