2 in 1 exhaust and side exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 in 1 exhaust and side exit

I saw a couple of broncos on the Alpine Lake run with the side exhaust exits. Who makes them and where can they be found? Is it locally fabbed or commercial? Thanks

I was wondering if the exhaust comes back in the cab when it's that close to the door? I had mine dump behind the axle and it would almost kill me if my top was on. So I am lookin for a new way to run mine also.
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 11-18-2008, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I think crawlin68 had them made? You may ask him or Broncrick as he has it also. A little bit of exhaust work after Alpine? That was pretty much the only misshap on the trip-not to bad.
      Jack
      73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

I don't get any any exhaust back in the cab, but I don't run doors or a top. Just a Safari top. I have had a soft top on a couple of times for some snow runs and didn't notice any fumes either.

Comment

Everyone has been making their own.. you could always go to a muffler shop too.. I run duals and will soon be going to a 2 into 1.. I will try to do it myself or with help from others..

Aaron
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Like Crawlin68 I made my own pipes from Summmit, tube ordered online (actually I copied his idea ) The outer ring was made also by a 'bud of his too. Fumes? not a one but I dont run a hrad top, shouldnt be a issue. Make sure the tip points out a bit down and back, if that makes sence? sawzall the end

Rick-
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

BCB just announced some prebent pipes for stock manifolds:
              http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...82#post1206882

...not sure about some of the non-mandrel bends. You could probably get a local muffler shop to do something just as nice with mandrel bends.

Comment

I have not found many local shops that do mandrel bent exhaust... If anybody knows of one in the general vicinity of Livermore I'm all ears.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Exhaust Ring

I have the 2 to 1 exhaust with the side body exit. I have never had an issue with fumes and I have run both hard and soft tops. I need that side billet ring as well just never got around to getting on.

I do have a contact of a guy in Lincoln, all he does is make custom billet things. he wanted to make mine just never have called him. His number is at my office and I will post it tomorrow if anyone wants to check how much his will be.

Kyle

Comment

I did the two into one exhaust myself also with the mandrel bends. I got mine at Tognoties in Sac. I ran mine out the back at a 45 to the passenger side corner. I recommend buying the y-pipe. Just ask Tony why. I learned my leason the first time.
                    Attached Files
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
                      I have not found many local shops that do mandrel bent exhaust... If anybody knows of one in the general vicinity of Livermore I'm all ears.
                      if you don't mind a drive to santa rosa, you could try johnny franklins. or at least call them. they did a nice system on mine that terminates at the rear spring hanger that does not fume up or blow trail dust. top or no top. and with a wild horses 3.5" system has no clearance issues. they are only about 2 hours from you.

(707) 546-7750 is the phone number.
                      73 bronco

Comment

Originally posted by fatguy View Post
                        if you don't mind a drive to santa rosa, you could try johnny franklins. or at least call them. they did a nice system on mine that terminates at the rear spring hanger that does not fume up or blow trail dust. top or no top. and with a wild horses 3.5" system has no clearance issues. they are only about 2 hours from you.

(707) 546-7750 is the phone number.
                        Thanks for the info. I am hoping to either do my exhaust at home (in the form of a bolt on) or find a shop close enough for AAA to tow me there... I do not have a trailer (yet).
                        I may get creative like some of the others though and try welding a system up myself like some here have. We'll see.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

I got my exhaust done at American Muffler in Auburn. Excellent work. Here are some older pictures.

For anyone that is looking to get one of those billet rings made for your exhaust, I have the guys number. I forgot it is his personal cell number so I dont want to just have it posted on the board. PM if you want it.

Kyle
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NorcalKD; 11-19-2008, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X