No announcement yet.

front suspension ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know when your WH arms are up for sale. I want to redo the front suspension on mine.
    -Darin
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Hope these help
      Attached Files
      Vacaville, Ca
      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

will do darin.

I didn't realize the their wristed arms were so "linear"
        72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

If you're running a HP, you might consider using an inverted Y so as to have the extra clearance. I'd run the Y's on both side; if you set them up right, there will be plenty of flex. I limit out my 14" Fox coilovers on my jeep (yes, I said jeep; it's my weekend warrior rig. there's pics of my Bronc going through the box to prove my worthiness) I'll post some pics tomorrow if you'd like. Mine are also bent in for extra tire/frame clearance, but that'll cost you extra. Yeah, it's back to money.

Comment

i would definatly like to see pics. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, just trying to see whats out there. It looks to me like the jeep style "y" arms would flex better than a typical wristed arm.

I'm running HP at full width so i have some room to move stuff around.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
              i would definatly like to see pics. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, just trying to see whats out there. It looks to me like the jeep style "y" arms would flex better than a typical wristed arm.

I'm running HP at full width so i have some room to move stuff around.
              Keep in mind all the Jeep "Y" arm use bushings to allow some flex between the two arms, they won't work the same with solid connections.
              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I ran the Y style Radius arm setup for a long time.
                I just used 3/8 wall tube, with weld in inserts, and 3/4 3/4 heims.
                When you make the top link on the drivers side arm, it needs to be 2/3 of the length of the total arm, and that bracket needs to be bomb proof.
                Mark Harris
                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

If you want to keep it simple, why not just stay with the Bronco radius arms and trac bar. (basically a 3 link) With long arms and good coil springs, they flex as much as your tires will clear and then some. Just a thought.

Comment

i was reading on BCB that the f150 4x4 box will turn opposite of our bronco box. Is this false info, because i want the forward facing pitman arm of the 4x4 box that i have for the push.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                      i was reading on BCB that the f150 4x4 box will turn opposite of our bronco box. Is this false info, because i want the forward facing pitman arm of the 4x4 box that i have for the push.
                      A stock 78/79 4x4 F-150/Bronco steering box with the pitman arm facing forward (the stock position) will turn the correct direction. It only turn opposite when you turn the pitman arm to face rearward.

Comment

I would do something like polyperformance did on Wayne Static Bronco. Here is a link to the build and you can actually buy the whole three link setup. A little pricey though.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...3&highlight=EB

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...it-p-2393.html

Comment

The two guys that I know that did a 6" push on the front used cage arms, and just moved there mounts back four inches from there stock location. The cage arms are ten inches longer than stock arms. Both rigs work very well. Here is a pic of my buddy from Idaho. Both of them used scout boxes, but I'm not sure why they didn't use the 4X4 box.
                          Attached Files
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Here's a pic of the driver side arms. Both arms are identical. 41" long.

I had to make custom arms for the Jeep for clearance reasons, but if I was changing up the Bronc, I would probably use the Cage arm idea. Less work, and plenty of flex.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks beefie Mike, I like how you put the shorter link on the bottom to gain a little clearance.
                              I found a picture of Joe's bronco with the 6" stretch, but it is a terrible pic of the bronco, but shows how beautiful colorado is. Joe's bronco is in the front, mine is in the middle, and Norm Heiger (of Fresno) last one. Man that was a great trip. Here is a link to some of pictures. http://www.broncofix.com/viewtopic.p...802&highlight=
                              Attached Files
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

mike i dig the arms!

Funny thing about that poly kit, I was just talk'n to the old man about 3 link to the top of the housing. Glad to see someone has already done it.

I did notice that their front end is kind of a secret, cause there isn't to many pics of how they set it up.

the simplicity of poly's rear 4 link is nice
                                Last edited by TRAILBOUND; 12-29-2008, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X