Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels?

Looking for new wheels and tires. Been thinking 36x13.50 Irok. what Wheels would you go 15" or 17"?
    Thanks Jack
    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Originally posted by Action View Post
    Looking for new wheels and tires. Been thinking 36x13.50 Irok. what Wheels would you go 15" or 17"?
    Thanks Jack

17"

Less sidewall!!!!!!

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

DAMN JACK! Maybe I should stop by and see what the hell your doin over there... Tires and wheels seemed to be pretty far off but then you must be burn'n the midnight oil, huh??? COOL!!!
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I have been going through the same debate in my head. Remember with 17" wheels, tires seem to get more pricey.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I looked all over for 17" wheels with the right back spacing and my budget. I couldnt find anything in my budget so I settled with a more generic wheel (pro comp) and had to run wheel spacers to compensate for the deep BSM.

I would say if you wheel a LOT, go with the 15's more sidewall to flex and cushion the ride when aired down. If its a pavement pounder/weekend trail runner, the 17's might be nice for a more positive highway feel, less sidewall flex.

my $.02
          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Not yet

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
            DAMN JACK! Maybe I should stop by and see what the hell your doin over there... Tires and wheels seemed to be pretty far off but then you must be burn'n the midnight oil, huh??? COOL!!!

Not much Jeff, Just getting ideas so I can get started. My plan is to be able to drive to Bronctoberfest next year. Maybe not complete but want to drive there.
            Jack
            73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Keep in mind also, that most tires made for 17" wheels are a lot more expensive and the majority of them are "D" rated! If you are looking for a soft ride, go with 15" wheels.
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

17's

Comment

You can always go with a set of H1's. Dean has a set sittin on his shop floor with a 3.5" b.s. and a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern primmed and ready for paint. All they need is rock rings. Double Beadlocks Baby
                  1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                  X